ADVERTISEMENT

Here is the thing that really stings...

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
it's not the loss to OSU. It's the fact that UM is going to be in some 2nd tier bowl when they are better than arguably everyone except Alabama.

Think about this for a moment if you really want give yourself an ulcer.

Colorado can be in the Pac 12 championship game. PSU and Wisconsin. OSU in playoff and here UM is looking on at a distance.

Game against Iowa...a dog.
OSU game blown.

Think about this...UM snatched defeat (either game) out of the jaws of playoff victory or BT championship game.

Horrible. Just doesn't get any worse to have a really good team throw it all away...literally and figuratively.

RM

At a minimum...we are still clearly a top 4 team capable of beating ANYONE...on any given day, especially on a neutral field. Our resume speaks for itself...but we will be in a low tier bowl and will play someone not worthy of playing us....boring game in our future to close out 2016

4 teams is fine. UM has nobody to blame but themselves.

If Harbaugh and staff are honest with themselves...they will look in the mirror over some of these 4th quarter performances.

RM

Any chance Michigan goes to the Rose Bowl, assuming Ohio State goes to the playoff? Michigan beat Penn State and Wisconsin and has the same number of losses as those teams, so what would keep the committee from sending the Wolverines to Pasadena? I wouldn't call the Rose Bowl second tier. I remember a day when the Rose Bowl was where Michigan always desired to be.

Any chance Michigan goes to the Rose Bowl, assuming Ohio State goes to the playoff? Michigan beat Penn State and Wisconsin and has the same number of losses as those teams, so what would keep the committee from sending the Wolverines to Pasadena? I wouldn't call the Rose Bowl second tier. I remember a day when the Rose Bowl was where Michigan always desired to be.
Zero for Bo liked to go there instead of National Champ games.

4 teams is fine. UM has nobody to blame but themselves.

If Harbaugh and staff are honest with themselves...they will look in the mirror over some of these 4th quarter performances.

RM

I agree.. UM has to get a little more talent but the coaching staff has to get better too.

For whatever my opinion is worth .........

Michigan is, IMO, the most talented team in the B1G.

But they pissed everything away in the Iowa and OSU games.

That is a very very very bitter pill for a Michigan fan to swallow. But it is reality. By the time the cold November winds blow - it isn't the eye test, but what your resume says. And 10-2 and 3rd in your own division is simply not a good enough resume.

Been there done that as a PSU fan. 1999 we were, IMO, the best team in the B1G but we pissed it away in November too. And off to the Alamo Bowl: that was our fate.

Reactions: sg out west
Zero for Bo liked to go there instead of National Champ games.
Ummmm....the reason Bo talked of the RB was that UM goes and wins the RB, they'd be in the running for the mythical Championship...we win a couple of those and we'd have been in the running. As they say, Just Win Baby!

That is a very very very bitter pill for a Michigan fan to swallow. But it is reality. By the time the cold November winds blow - it isn't the eye test, but what your resume says. And 10-2 and 3rd in your own division is simply not a good enough resume.

Been there done that as a PSU fan. 1999 we were, IMO, the best team in the B1G but we pissed it away in November too. And off to the Alamo Bowl: that was our fate.
Not sure if we were the most talented, OSU is loaded though young...we'd beat PSU tomorrow as would OSU. Not ready to give PSU and Franklin their due...MSU quit today...Dantonio starts the kid from PA just because he's a "local"...give me a break. Understand that they gave OSU a game last week but we all know that it was a trap game too. OSU was looking ahead to UM. Would have been nice to see if Speight threw long a few times, maybe they were worried about him taking a big hit...we shot ourselves in the foot, fumble in the red zone, a couple of bad penalties including Harbaugh's blowup on the sidelines. Congrats to PSU but hope Wisconsin lights them up.

Reactions: borgon

Yep. Go back to the Iowa game. It wasn't like UM didn't understand the value of winning the game right? They must have understood before the game even was played that they win at Iowa and beat IU they have a good chance of making the playoffs.

You are your record. The record says PSU is better than UM right now. I think UM could go into Happy Valley and win by 2 td's next week or maybe I don't after watching UM in their last 2 road games with this coaching staff.

I love what Harbaugh has done at UM and he is building his program but I think the honeymoon should now be over and he should be criticized for the play calling in the last 2 road games. Not just the players.

RM

Not sure if we were the most talented, OSU is loaded though young...we'd beat PSU tomorrow as would OSU. Not ready to give PSU and Franklin their due...MSU quit today...Dantonio starts the kid from PA just because he's a "local"...give me a break. Understand that they gave OSU a game last week but we all know that it was a trap game too. OSU was looking ahead to UM. Would have been nice to see if Speight threw long a few times, maybe they were worried about him taking a big hit...we shot ourselves in the foot, fumble in the red zone, a couple of bad penalties including Harbaugh's blowup on the sidelines. Congrats to PSU but hope Wisconsin lights them up.
Harbaugh deserves some criticism for his temper tantrum.

If Saban was coaching this team I bet UM would only have 1 loss right now. It's true. Harbaugh is doing great but sometimes you are justified to criticize the staff.

RM

Yep. Go back to the Iowa game. It wasn't like UM didn't understand the value of winning the game right? They must have understood before the game even was played that they win at Iowa and beat IU they have a good chance of making the playoffs.

You are your record. The record says PSU is better than UM right now. I think UM could go into Happy Valley and win by 2 td's next week or maybe I don't after watching UM in their last 2 road games with this coaching staff.

I love what Harbaugh has done at UM and he is building his program but I think the honeymoon should now be over and he should be criticized for the play calling in the last 2 road games. Not just the players.

RM
I'm missing something, how does Pen States record show they are better than UM right now? We are both 10-2 but we beat them 49-10 and we didn't lose to Pitt we lost to B1G schools ... the strongest conference this year hands down. And neither loss was by much. What resume are you looking at?

You are what your record says you are... you are a 2 loss BIG team; good for 3rd in your half of the big.

You are what your record says you are... you are a 2 loss BIG team; good for 3rd in your half of the big.
Pen State and Wisconsin are 2 loss Teams in the conference too...we beat them both and they are playing for the championship. Not sure how their "record" says they are better. What do you mean by record? Head to head? Overall record?? Conference record? Where are anyone other than Ohio State better than UM?

RM

The honeymoon should be over.

Some may disagree, but Harbaugh had a key role in 3 of Michigan's losses now. The 2 this year, plus the absurd gunners on the punt vs MSU in 2015. His "best" road win in 2 years now is at PSU last year - a 7-6 team that was rather flawed. His temper tantrum today isn't a good look either.

Harbaugh deserves some criticism for his temper tantrum.

If Saban was coaching this team I bet UM would only have 1 loss right now. It's true. Harbaugh is doing great but sometimes you are justified to criticize the staff.

RM
Well as somebody mentioned today, any more Peppers at wildcat would be 1 too many. Ever since the TD at MSU, he's been stopped...today when he took it up the middle on the first carry I thought, "great, no more wide runs...take it up the gut". Later he got little re: positive yardage. I didn't think our play calling was too bad other than taking out Speight to put in Peppers...we, maybe, don't want Speight standing in the pocket and take a huge hit going long but I wish we could have stretched the field some. Love Smith's toughness but we need some speed and wiggle in the backfield, the OL was average at best. Going to be interesting to see how this team unfolds next fall. Harbaugh is Harbaugh! He's ours but he needs to step back a bit and quit w. some of the self promotions whether it's meant that way or not. Don't need to see his "climbing trees or sleepovers" anytime soon. Win and beat MSU/OSU/ND!

Some may disagree, but Harbaugh had a key role in 3 of Michigan's losses now. The 2 this year, plus the absurd gunners on the punt vs MSU in 2015. His "best" road win in 2 years now is at PSU last year - a 7-6 team that was rather flawed. His temper tantrum today isn't a good look either.

Focus on the big picture. Michigan was 5-7 two years ago . . . 46-42 overall under RichRod and Hoke. He's elevated the program much more rapidly than I think anyone expected - I certainly didn't expect 10 wins in each of his first two years.

Complaints about Harbaugh's coaching are pretty much all centered on nitpickety things like individual plays. If you focus on the gunners in last year's MSU game, you have to remember that we went toe-to-toe with a 12-win playoff team. (Also, the special teams coordinator responsible for those gunners, John Baxter, is gone.) If you complain about yesterday, it's in the context of a 2-overtime loss on the road to an 11-1 (probable) playoff team. And he's far from the only person to think that the officiating favored OSU.

What this season shows is just how fine the line is between 10-2 and 12-0. We were on the other end of it in 1997. This year we lost two games on the final play.

Last edited:
Focus on the big picture. Michigan was 5-7 two years ago . . . 46-42 overall under RichRod and Hoke. He's elevated the program much more rapidly than I think anyone expected - I certainly didn't expect 10 wins in each of his first two years.

Complaints about Harbaugh's coaching are pretty much all centered on nitpickety things like individual plays. If you focus on the gunners in last year's MSU game, you have to remember that we went toe-to-toe with a 12-win playoff team. (Also, the special teams coordinator responsible for those gunners, John Baxter, is gone.) If you complain about yesterday, it's in the context of a 2-overtime loss on the road to an 11-1 (probable) playoff team. And he's far from the only person to think that the officiating favored OSU.

What this season shows is just how fine the line is between 10-2 and 12-0. We were on the other end of it in 1997. This year we lost two games on the final play.
That's a very good point and more than fair.

That being said, there is a fine line between winning and losing and Harbaugh (like the refs yesterday) had his thumb on the scale. Do you think Meyer deserves some criticism for that fake punt or Dantonio going for it last week? I do.

I don't think Harbaugh lost the game yesterday by any stretch of the imagination but he and his staff should review some of these recent road 4th qtr.'s where they have struggled offensively. That is all I am saying. He is calling plays for a team he doesn't have yet. Saban would be 11-1 right now with this team and maybe 12-0 (with Kiffin). I believe that and Harbaugh needs to review his gameday strategy.

RM

I'm missing something, how does Pen States record show they are better than UM right now? We are both 10-2 but we beat them 49-10 and we didn't lose to Pitt we lost to B1G schools ... the strongest conference this year hands down. And neither loss was by much. What resume are you looking at?
They haven't lost recently and didn't lose to Iowa for that matter. I think UM is better than PSU on a neutral field but am I correct if I have watched UM struggle to close out road games?

Bottom line. UM is great for 3 qtr.'s and mediocre in qtr 4. That doesn't tell me this team is one of the 4 best teams. Some of this is coaching.

RM

Agree with you 100% on the MSU game last year.
Not so sure on yesterday's game? I've heard he was too conservative in the 4th, but too aggressive throwing the ball backed up to his goal line resulting in the pick 6 early. If everyone does their job (Smith picks up the blitz) looks like Speight has good chance to hit Chesson getting them out from the shadows of their goal. End of the 3rd & into the 4th, a few 1st down passes. But sure, mostly he was counting on the his O-line to squeak open a couple holes & tally some 1st downs thanks to some hard charging RB's & leave it to his D. With 2 HUGE Int's already taken place in the game can't say that's necessarily unsound strategy.
The Iowa game, again, mostly Speight & the team as a whole did not have a stellar performance.
Last season, played tough at Utah in a game that Rudock was, can we say awful?
Face it, really haven't been many opportunities for "good" road victories in just 2 seasons.
That said, dude is not a saint. He's currently no Sabin or Meyer.....but I'll take him over pretty much anyone else & let the chips fall where they may.

Agree with you 100% on the MSU game last year.
Not so sure on yesterday's game? I've heard he was too conservative in the 4th, but too aggressive throwing the ball backed up to his goal line resulting in the pick 6 early. If everyone does their job (Smith picks up the blitz) looks like Speight has good chance to hit Chesson getting them out from the shadows of their goal. End of the 3rd & into the 4th, a few 1st down passes. But sure, mostly he was counting on the his O-line to squeak open a couple holes & tally some 1st downs thanks to some hard charging RB's & leave it to his D. With 2 HUGE Int's already taken place in the game can't say that's necessarily unsound strategy.
The Iowa game, again, mostly Speight & the team as a whole did not have a stellar performance.
Last season, played tough at Utah in a game that Rudock was, can we say awful?
Face it, really haven't been many opportunities for "good" road victories in just 2 seasons.
That said, dude is not a saint. He's currently no Sabin or Meyer.....but I'll take him over pretty much anyone else & let the chips fall where they may.
Yes.

If anyone watches these road games against MSU, Iowa and OSU you can clearly see (if not blind) that the game is called more for run plays when they get ahead. They seem to want to get on top of their opponent and then want to grind/wear them down. Unfortunately, and this is on the staff, they don't have the personnel to pull that off right now.

RM

Oh, and to the title of this thread. NO, the thing that really DOES sting IS it was a loss to Ohio State. This is the team that HAS the whammy on you since 2001. This is the team that HAS Urban Meyer. This is the team that IS recruiting like a mother. In order to get to where we want to be we HAVE to overcome all 3 of these things, so beating THEM is the best medicine for that!!

Yep..

This is really a f**ked thread.

Of course, JH coaches the QB to throw 2 ints and fumble on the 2 yard line. Of course he sets punt protection against MSU (the special teams coach had nothing to do with that). Remember play calling is a collective effort among the offensive staff (JH stays away from defense which collapsed in OT).

You guys need to sober up. He kicked the shit out of PSU and won handily vs. Whisky (despite 3 FG misses). As long as UM insists on playing MSU and OSU they'll be in the same conference and subject to "what ifs" all day long.

Now be sure and contribute to the GoFundMe site to help pay for the refs.

Be frank with you, we're thrilled by Harbaugh, you guys are stuck with Franklin thanks to his "success" this year and that could not make me happier. Hope he has a long, long tenure in Happy Valley, because we're going to enjoy consistently beating him, taking Pennsylvania and East Coast recruits just like we did in the 90s and 00s, and double-digit winning seasons. UM road woes are historical issues built up over a decade of piss-poor coaching, they're getting closer to being solved from last year to this, I'm confident they'll soon be answered (by 2018 when we have our next heavy slate of road games).

Any UM fan who thinks that Harbaugh is fair game or the honeymoon is finished doesn't realize what we're returning from and how far we've come in a short time with half the offense (no QB 16 months ago, no running game 16 months ago, a porous offensive line that helped a great athlete like Devin Gardner revert to playing like he was in junior high, and no wide receivers as of 16 months ago.) No, the honeymoon is just warming up and UM fans are get mighty comfy with the thought of an outstanding coach on our sidelines for a generation to come.

When this bitch is armed and fully operational after this recruiting cycle, there won't be many left wondering at why Harbaugh's offense goes conservative later in the game. Book it!

Be frank with you, we're thrilled by Harbaugh, you guys are stuck with Franklin thanks to his "success" this year and that could not make me happier. Hope he has a long, long tenure in Happy Valley, because we're going to enjoy consistently beating him, taking Pennsylvania and East Coast recruits just like we did in the 90s and 00s, and double-digit winning seasons. UM road woes are historical issues built up over a decade of piss-poor coaching, they're getting closer to being solved from last year to this, I'm confident they'll soon be answered (by 2018 when we have our next heavy slate of road games).

Any UM fan who thinks that Harbaugh is fair game or the honeymoon is finished doesn't realize what we're returning from and how far we've come in a short time with half the offense (no QB 16 months ago, no running game 16 months ago, a porous offensive line that helped a great athlete like Devin Gardner revert to playing like he was in junior high, and no wide receivers as of 16 months ago.) No, the honeymoon is just warming up and UM fans are get mighty comfy with the thought of an outstanding coach on our sidelines for a generation to come.

When this bitch is armed and fully operational after this recruiting cycle, there won't be many left wondering at why Harbaugh's offense goes conservative later in the game. Book it!
And you're entitled to your opinion. You should be happy you have Jim. Good coach. I'm thrilled with James. He did very well at a garbage program like vandi and grinded through the sanctions to have a great season in year three, regardless of what happens the rest of the year.
We had a ton of injuries early on defense and the staff handled that well too.
The BIG East is loaded. I personally think the conference is unbalanced with the east having four upper echelon programs but I guess that's not going to change.
Good luck in the playoffs or the bowl.

And you're entitled to your opinion. You should be happy you have Jim. Good coach. I'm thrilled with James. He did very well at a garbage program like vandi and grinded through the sanctions to have a great season in year three, regardless of what happens the rest of the year.
We had a ton of injuries early on defense and the staff handled that well too.
The BIG East is loaded. I personally think the conference is unbalanced with the east having four upper echelon programs but I guess that's not going to change.
Good luck in the playoffs or the bowl.
Fair enough, I really, really like where UM is headed. I'm not sure what to make of PSU at this point, they had a fortunate bounce vs OSU but were wiped out by UM. MSU, OSU, UM, and PSU in one league is imbalanced, I that that PSU should be put into a division with Nebraska and Wisconsin to even this thing out, but what do I know?

Fair enough, I really, really like where UM is headed. I'm not sure what to make of PSU at this point, they had a fortunate bounce vs OSU but were wiped out by UM. MSU, OSU, UM, and PSU in one league is imbalanced, I that that PSU should be put into a division with Nebraska and Wisconsin to even this thing out, but what do I know?
In the final analysis special teams count too. Games are 60 minutes. No one beats a so-called great team with one fluke play.
OSU also got a safety off of a punt that sailed over our punter's head and they blocked a field goal.
Their biggest lead was 21-7 and we immediate went 90 yards to make it 21-14. From the mid 3rd qtr forward PSU dominated the game.
Even after we blocked the field goal they had five minutes to score. They failed.
In the um game we had 5 defensive starters out with injury.
That said um is a difficult matchup for us because you are very good on the defensive line and in the secondary.
We're a much better team now. We've destroyed everyone we played since OSU and that includes Iowa. Msu certainly played OSU tough but per usual we get no credit for handling them easily too.
Indiana was tough but they played you tough as well.
I agree with you about conference realignment.
I was at the PSU game so missed most of your game but when it was 17-7 I thought it was over. UM seemed to have control.

Dude --- this isn't the first time you're going off on these PSU tangents in response to me. Come on.

As I've said before and is well-established, I DO root for Michigan as my 2nd favorite team (it was my childhood favorite team). Admittedly I boycotted yesterday's game, didn't turn on the TV til 3:30 because of the bizarre circumstances of needing to root for Ohio State (I can't do that).

Anyway, the "he still hasn't not enough time" rationale is weak IMO. What Harbaugh inherited really wasn't that bad at all. Tons of residual talent on the 2015 & 2016 teams that were Hoke recruits. Just in the last 10 years, 5 coaches have won a MNC within their 3rd year on the job. That means it has happened in 50% of the last 10 seasons!!! Urban Meyer twice, Les Miles once, Gene Chizik once, and Nick Saban once. There was enough talent, IMO, on this team to be the 2nd best in the nation. Instead they're 3rd best --- by the conference records --- in their division. It's fair to say "I expected better."

FWIW, Michigan does have a couple tough road games next year. PSU and Wisconsin will both be Top 20 teams. I think a fair standard for Harbaugh next year is: at minimum, beat Ohio State or win a road game against a team that finishes in the Top 20. He'll get his chances.

And just like that PSU team, UM turtled up on offense in the big game. Did JH go conservative at Stanford?

Dude --- this isn't the first time you're going off on these PSU tangents in response to me. Come on.

As I've said before and is well-established, I DO root for Michigan as my 2nd favorite team (it was my childhood favorite team). Admittedly I boycotted yesterday's game, didn't turn on the TV til 3:30 because of the bizarre circumstances of needing to root for Ohio State (I can't do that).

Anyway, the "he still hasn't not enough time" rationale is weak IMO. What Harbaugh inherited really wasn't that bad at all. Tons of residual talent on the 2015 & 2016 teams that were Hoke recruits. Just in the last 10 years, 5 coaches have won a MNC within their 3rd year on the job. That means it has happened in 50% of the last 10 seasons!!! Urban Meyer twice, Les Miles once, Gene Chizik once, and Nick Saban once. There was enough talent, IMO, on this team to be the 2nd best in the nation. Instead they're 3rd best --- by the conference records --- in their division. It's fair to say "I expected better."

FWIW, Michigan does have a couple tough road games next year. PSU and Wisconsin will both be Top 20 teams. I think a fair standard for Harbaugh next year is: at minimum, beat Ohio State or win a road game against a team that finishes in the Top 20. He'll get his chances.
I'm unimpressed by your analysis, this was a team in utter disarray when Harbaugh took over, you've said nothing to dissuade me other than talk about other coaches with very different teams winning championships in their second years. I was at Hoke's last home game vs. Maryland, the team was a disaster on special teams, in the running game, passing the ball, linebacker, etc. If Hoke had come back, UM would have been a 4-8 type of team, at best (losses at Minnesota, Indiana, Penn State, would have been assured along with their other three losses).

They had no viable QB on their team when Harbaugh took over last year. You likely did not attend the UM spring game that year (I did) when they could not move the ball a yard and could not complete a foward pass. By the end of Harbaugh's first year they had arguably the hottest Big 10 QB whom Harbaugh personally recruited for a one year stint. I could repeat a similar pattern at a number of other positions (WRs and OL come right to mind). Speight is a perfect example of doing a lot with little, he was an after thought as a recruit and has developed, arguably, into a second team All Big 10 QB. No, we don't have a Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, or Braxton Miller or a JT Barrett talent just waiting to be groomed into a NC champion.

I never said, "He hasn't had enough time", what I said essentially is he did not have talent or skill developed at many of the key offensive positions. They've done well with a mediocre line that, like their linebackers last year, had lots of high school press clippings, but never developed beyond mediocrity. That's not necessarily his fault, given his track record with other lines, it's likely a talent deficit. The running back situation is much the same. It's getting better, but we had a five star RB leave this summer because, again, he simply wasn't good enough. Harbaugh has brought a huge shift in the culture here, when he has his talent in place, I suspect the holes will finally be filled.

In the end, I'm really pleased at the progress of this program, it's brightest days are ahead. I'd also note that most of those teams, maybe aside from Auburn, did not have to face an Alabama-like, perennial top-three program as their main rival. That, I will plead, will take some time to match in terms of talent. UM is getting there quickly, but hasn't arrived quite yet.

I don't have any personal animus against you, I've been posting on this board for about 20 years, prior to it joining Rivals, so I'm not looking to make a bunch of BFFs of rival fans. Glad to have you most of the time, but I'm going to treat you like the fan of a rival you are, a competitor of my beloved alma mater!

Last edited:
In the final analysis special teams count too. Games are 60 minutes. No one beats a so-called great team with one fluke play.
OSU also got a safety off of a punt that sailed over our punter's head and they blocked a field goal.
Their biggest lead was 21-7 and we immediate went 90 yards to make it 21-14. From the mid 3rd qtr forward PSU dominated the game.
Even after we blocked the field goal they had five minutes to score. They failed.
In the um game we had 5 defensive starters out with injury.
That said um is a difficult matchup for us because you are very good on the defensive line and in the secondary.
We're a much better team now. We've destroyed everyone we played since OSU and that includes Iowa. Msu certainly played OSU tough but per usual we get no credit for handling them easily too.
Indiana was tough but they played you tough as well.
I agree with you about conference realignment.
I was at the PSU game so missed most of your game but when it was 17-7 I thought it was over. UM seemed to have control.
UM has controlled PSU two years in a row, neither game was seriously in doubt. That's a troubling trend for the Nittany Lions. It's a big deal because UM is clearly targeting NJ and Pennsylvania for talent and I think have a fairly big leg up on PSU currently. I think next year's game is a big deal for you guys to actually make it a four quarter competition. It's probably our biggest road game and, as has been noted, winning on the road versus upright teams is a hump Harbaugh has to get this program over.

What Harbaugh inherited really wasn't that bad at all. Tons of residual talent on the 2015 & 2016 teams that were Hoke recruits. Just in the last 10 years, 5 coaches have won a MNC within their 3rd year on the job. That means it has happened in 50% of the last 10 seasons!!! Urban Meyer twice, Les Miles once, Gene Chizik once, and Nick Saban once. There was enough talent, IMO, on this team to be the 2nd best in the nation. Instead they're 3rd best --- by the conference records --- in their division. It's fair to say "I expected better."

There is no comparison, btw, between what Meyer had at FL and OSU and what Harbaugh inherited. FL had two great QBs (Tebow and Leaks), OSU had a young Miller, just sitting on the roster. Are you really going to compare either of those teams' talent to UM's offense? You obviously haven't followed your second favorite team very closely over the years as much as you have your first.

Hey MNL. I like your posts. Beyond reasonable but I do want to point out something that you might have overlooked.

Yes...Harbaugh inherited some talent and has molded it but let's not kid ourselves. He didn't inherit some dominant rb/ol. He inherited a dominant DL.

Harbaugh wants to play power football and does not have the personnel to run that system and he deserves a little blame for trying to fit a square peg into a circle hole late in games.

If he had a more dominant OL/rb then he probably wins at Iowa and OSU with his style but he should have recognized some limitations. I think in 2018 you will see the Harbaugh power game.

He will have Wheatley, Asiasi, Onwenu, Bredeson plus some other road graders and check out some of our current rb commits...bigger/stronger/faster guys like Smith. I hold Harbaugh accountable for these losses but he doesn't have entirely the roster he needs or wants to play Harball.

RM

UM has controlled PSU two years in a row, neither game was seriously in doubt. That's a troubling trend for the Nittany Lions. It's a big deal because UM is clearly targeting NJ and Pennsylvania for talent and I think have a fairly big leg up on PSU currently. I think next year's game is a big deal for you guys to actually make it a four quarter competition. It's probably our biggest road game and, as has been noted, winning on the road versus upright teams is a hump Harbaugh has to get this program over.
I know it sounds like excuses but this is the first year we're back to a full roster, and recruiting is finishing very well and the 18 class is outstanding.
We just flipped a 4 star dtackle from nj who was committed to Florida in the 17 class and landed the top te in the country for 18 and he's from PA. This happened Saturday.
We were also the second youngest team in the nation this year.
We're on a very good trajectory in all areas.
I thought the game last year was very competitive until midway through the fourth. I was at the game and I have no problem admitting when we get our as$ kicked which we did this year.
I think we'll be preseason top 10 next year. The entire team is back except for four or five guys.
Ohio State is very young so they might be better next year. You guys will be good and I'm sure msu will rebound.
The unknowns are always 1) injuries, 2) chemistry, and 3) confidence. You need little of number 1 and a lot of 2 and 3.

Reactions: sg out west

I'll welcome your beatings.. Jim's got 2 years before he loses his mind and alienates everybody.. you better win quick.

I really want to visit Detroit.. I shoot broken urbex stuff and it's the Paris of decay/decline.. making a trip their next year.-sg

I'll welcome your beatings.. Jim's got 2 years before he loses his mind and alienates everybody.. you better win quick.

I really want to visit Detroit.. I shoot broken urbex stuff and it's the Paris of decay/decline.. making a trip their next year.-sg
20-5 during a rebuilding stage, that's some trajectory for the loony bin...we've won quickly and we'll keep doing it with this field marshall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT