ADVERTISEMENT

Here is some good news...on the UM tennis front...

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
UM mens tennis (winless) in conference and in a transition phase...go on the road to E.L...and win 4-3...winning in two different match tiebreakers to pull out the match. Lost the doubles point. Didn't think they were going to win but the team dug deep to beat their in-state rival.

If your going to win a conference match....this was a good one for this year. Don't ask me about the mens season...but the women as usual are doing well but a tough tough match with OSU looms for the conference championship.

Reality Man

The women Should beat osu. I know osu is ranked 17, but they have no individuals ranked in the top 125 and Michigan has 4. Michigans only 3 losses so far are to teams in the top 5, and they played them all tough. If they're on their game, they're better than osu.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Here is a link to the Michigan Daily...

In regards your statement..I agree...UM is the better team but OSU is good enough to knock them off at home. Should be a solid test for UM.

Now...next year OSU has DiLorenzo coming in (ranked #1 in her class...tennisrecruiting.net) plus everyone back so they are going to be even tougher. Looks like OSU has jumped ahead of Norhwestern too...at least for the time being. Something tells me Northwestern will be back sooner rather than later.

Reality Man

http://www.michigandaily.com/sports/against-all-odds-michigan-wins-thriller-east-lansing

Share of Big Ten championship...should beat PSU...so outright

is in sight.

UM wins 6-1 although it got a little scary for awhile.

UM wins a close doubles contest for their 1st point.

However...they take a couple of singles matches so they are up 3-0. Should be an easy close out. Not quite.

Betkas was up the 1st set and then lost the 2nd set 6-1 and was down 0-3 in the 3rd set.
Najarian wins the 1st set 6-0 and then loses the 2nd set. Up 2-0 or 3-0 but then all of a sudden it's 3-3.
Sarah Lee lost the 1st set and was tied if I recall in the 2nd and Ruder-Hook had lost the 1 set but was basically tied in the 2nd.

So you can do the math...these matches can turn and OSU was down 3-0 but still in the match.

I know you guys care :). 6th straight Big Ten regular season championship. OSU is going to be tough going forward.

Reality Man

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT