ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Henschke's Quick Hitters: Some further clarification on Harbaugh's contract talks

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
We're almost a week into Harbaugh Watch and things haven't come to a conclusion just yet.

In reference to my earlier post titled 'It's done' I wanted to spell out further what is happening because my wording is causing some confusion, so I wanted to clarify.

The general framework of the extension is done, that hasn't changed from earlier in the week. That is the part that is done. The bump in salary for Jim Harbaugh is still intact as well as the deal including a healthy bump in assistant salary pay. With that on the table, all that needed to be done is cross the T's and dot the I's in terms of signing and making things official.

Now, it's down to whether he will sign the deal. This is the next step.

We're aware of multiple tweets that suggest that Harbaugh to the Raiders seems to have legs. Including this one below.

There's no mistaking the Davis family could throw ridiculous money in Harbaugh's direction and offer things such as full control of the franchise, which is speculation on my part. That goes without saying. While I have not heard anything that suggests a move is imminent, it would come as an unfortunate surprise to some who are familiar with the negotiations as many people expected the extension to eventually get done.

Again, that doesn't mean it's a guarantee.

I'll keep my ears to the ground and see what happens. As for now, I have NOT heard anything one way or the other and neither have the people I have spoken with.

It appears the ball is in Jim Harbaugh's court for now. Which, we all know, likes to move in silence when it comes to his future and his plans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News