ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Henschke's Quick Hitters 11/17 Part 2: How Michigan is treating Thanksgiving as a family event

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
Welcome back to a bonus episode of HQH. I was told a cool story that I thought I would share and you all would appreciate.

Let's get started.

- The team is very focused on what's ahead of them, the idea is to take care of business through 11/26 and to avoid any slip-ups along the way.
- With Thanksgiving next week, the idea is to have a planned meal after practice on Thursday.
- The story that I thought was cool was that staff members started an email chain inquiring about parents that will be in town for Thanksgiving. It appears that there are 10 families with wide open doors for Thanksgiving this year, so anyone on the team that doesn't have a place to go this year, which is quite a few, will go celebrate with them. An open invitation for any and all to come so they won't be alone for Thanksgiving.
- This supports the idea that the team is very tight-knit and family-like, which extends beyond the players and the staff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News