ADVERTISEMENT

Help needed for my son

homanj

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jun 17, 2008
Hi guys, I don’t post here much but have been around since 2008. A few weeks ago our 4 month old son was diagnosed at the Children’s Hospital of Michigan with an extremely rare genetic disorder called Osteopetrosis. The only treatment for his condition is a bone marrow transplant. This will require about a week of chemo,
followed by the transplant and then weeks in the hospital. After discharge we will have to stay within an hour of the hospital (we live in Midland) in case there are complications for several more weeks. 100 days post transplant is when they say things typically start to settle down. During this time my wife will be taking an unpaid leave from work to be with our son in the hospital and I’ll be home with our 4 year old, working and going back and forth to the hospital. It’s not a comfortable feeling asking for help but with my wife taking an unpaid leave we are going to need some for bills. If you are able to, there is a go fund me page set up and if you are unable to do that we will take all of the prayers we can get. I’ll try and keep you updated on his progress as things start rolling. No matter how you may be able to help, the Fort community is the best and I’m lucky to be a part of it.
http://gofundme.com/f/support-and-pray-for-noah

Thanks,
Jon

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News