ADVERTISEMENT

Has there ever been a worse time to have the #1 pick?

pestkan

All-League
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2015
This has got to be the weakest crop of “high end” QBs I’ve ever seen. I never really understood the Rattler hype, aside from every Oklahoma QB has to go #1. He’s tiny, good but not amazing arm, never seemed all that invested in not turning the ball over. I think the prevailing thought was the light would come on and this year would be a video game for him. Instead, OU has by far their worst offense in a decade, and his own fans are chanting for the highly touted backup.

Howell? He’s been absolutely terrible this season. I keep hearing how they’re “replacing a ton of skill talent.” Uh, ok? A #1 pick QB shouldn’t be struggling to complete 50% of his passes and getting stifled by teams like Georgia tech.

Slovis? Probably should be benched if not for the fact Dart got injured while saving them against WSU. Never had the arm to be such a high pick, but there was buzz.

Willis? I guess he’s probably your answer? But wow is he a risk. Kid has a ton of tools but doesn’t play anybody, and on the few occasions he has, he hasn’t looked good at all. He’s big, good athlete, great arm, I would say he’s got the most upside. But he also is going to have an extremely steep learning curve coming from Liberty.

Corral? Very small (supposedly 6 1 but I don’t believe that for a second), has been one of the most turnover prone QBs in the nation since taking the reigns in Oxford, ALOT of character related issues.

This is how crazy it’s gotten: Jurkovec from bc, a kid that’s out for the season and has been middling his entire career, is ranked as a top 10 QB prospect as of this week, as is Kenny Pickett from a Pitt team that just lost to western.

Lions just need to hold onto Goff and take someone like Thibodaux at the top of the draft.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News