ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh being overly criticized

dennisfithian_

Director of Multimedia
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
By fans and media looks and sounds ridiculous every time I read or hear it. Any coach at a big time program that comes in with the track record of Jim Harbaugh is under the microscope. If you don’t win your conference or make the playoffs you are going to hear it.

Most Michigan fans that I’ve encountered over the years have been patient and mostly understanding of the teams lack of success against OSU. After four or five years it was reasonable to wonder or want a replacement. After last year, the majority of Michigan fans, alums and former players were ready for a change. That wasn’t crazy. It felt a little crazy if you still were standing by him after the disaster (covid or not) of last year. People love Harbaugh and he was given more of a rope than any other hire that Michigan could have made. It ended up being a great story that he was able to get UM the Big Ten title after so long this year.

It shouldn’t be a major surprise if he really wants to go back to the NFL. It was a pretty big shock that he wanted to come back in the first place. It was unprecedented. It’s going to suck for the program if he leaves. It will be disappointing but nobody should be mad.

I also don’t think Josh Gattis will be considered as a head coach at this time for Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News