ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh as an Underdog

2dawood

All-American
Oct 25, 2001
Boitanoville, USA
After hearing Urban Meyer was 7-0 as an underdog at OSU, I thought back on how Harbaugh has done since he has been at Michigan

’15 Utah (loss) OSU (loss)

’16 OSU (loss)

’17 PSU (loss) Wisco (loss) OSU (loss)

’18 Favored in EVERY game

Harbaugh is now 0-6 as an underdog and we only had a remote shot in the 4th Q in one of them (The Spot). Harbaugh won these games at Stanford, the games you weren’t supposed to win. This was why we were all so excited when he was hired here

In ’15 we said it was his first year, in ’16 he lost on a “bad spot” or “the refs” in ’17 he didn’t have a QB and in ’18 now the consensus is his offense needs to be drastically changed? To me, there were no excuses this year. He had the QB, his guys and quite frankly he doesn’t really need more than a serviceable QB with the offense he runs due to the scheme

I do feel Harbaugh has brought this program back to relevance and am still happy he is our head coach. I truly am just in shock with how year in and year out I continue to expect to win these games and he just has not done so.

What coach would you really compare Harbaugh to? I thought he was a Saban or Urban but he truly just is not. There have been questionable in game decisions over 4 years that are head scratching and the clock management at times when we are down in games or burn mind boggling timeouts I do not understand.

I could go on and on, but Harbaugh needs to figure it out. For those saying we need a new OC like Kingsbury to come in and rejuvenate the offense, then let me ask you this: What would Harbaugh even be doing then? If Don Brown has the D and we are ready to move on with a new OC, then would he just act as the CEO?

I do believe Harbaugh tweaked the offense this year and he needs to make the NFL trio of Receivers the focal point of the Offense next year, otherwise how are you going to convince stud receivers to come here?

What is Harbaugh’s biggest win at Michigan? The ’15 Citrus bowl? This year against a 7-5 MSU?

I think Harbaugh can do it and really thought this was the year. This was the most depressing loss I can remember as a sports fan and it will take a win against OSU next year to move on from it.

Lets hope Harbaugh figures this out as we all still believe he can but at the end of the day we have not seen a big win at the school we love in a long time.

I will be saying this year is the year just like the next guy come August, but come on Jim, lets see the coach we thought we were getting. Go Blue!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News