ADVERTISEMENT

Going to need my Fort family again…

TCHORVMICH

Junior
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2003
Last Thursday, my wife had surgery to remove what we had hoped and thought would be a benign tumor in her Parotid gland. Our hope wasn’t meant to be…it was cancer. Again. Shockingly, they feel this is not related to her stage III breast cancer diagnosis in 2008. It was an absolute gut punch not only to us, but the surgeon and his team as well.

Yesterday, we had our follow up appointment with the surgeon. The appointment went well and received some encouraging news. It’s an intermediate grade which means there’s a low chance of metastasis. It’s also the most common type of tumor (mucoepidermoid carcinoma) which is good. They took a lymph node right next to the tumor last Thursday and it was not cancerous which is great news. Pet scan will be a week from Friday and we have upcoming appointments with a few radiation oncologists (Acension, Henry Ford & U-M) to keep the ball rolling. We are also hoping to meet with Dr. Andrew Rosko at U-M in the next week or two just for another opinion.

As most of you know, this place was such a critical piece for me for when I was diagnosed with cancer in 2005 and when my wife was diagnosed in 2008. This family gathering provides a great escape during our most fiercest battles. Positive vibes are welcomed as we put on the gloves again and kick cancer’s ass for a third time.

Thanks to each and everyone of you who have done so much for us in the past and, as always, GO BLUE!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News