ADVERTISEMENT

GoFundMe. OSU rumored to collect $$$ for the refs

because they'll never work in a UM game again.

The ref who spotted the ball is especially sad to hear that...

1D8AA82C-4A16-420A-BA96-102297161871_zps6widwgdc.png

Three of the officials were from Ohio.

Where cheating is celebrated.

Right Jim Tressel?

Not held up as a hero.

Right Jim Tressel?

Ohio. Where cheating is celebrated.

Go Blue. Always.

Not held up as a hero.

Right Jim Tressel?

Ohio. Where cheating is celebrated.

Go Blue. Always.
Excuse me that's President of Youngstown State Tressel to you...apparently cheating in college football is rewarded with being hired as president of public, Ohio universities. #ohiostandards

Excuse me that's President of Youngstown State Tressel to you...apparently cheating in college football is rewarded with being hired as president of public, Ohio universities. #ohiostandards

Vic knows the game was piss-poorly officiated, and no one here expects him to admit it.

Posting a pic of the guy who spotted the ball can't balance out what was obviously a one-sided 60 minutes of officiating, favouring Ohio State.

The Big Ten blew it by assigning three officials from Ohio to officiate a Buckeyes game against a heated rival in Columbus, OH.

Not surprisingly, The Crew had no stones to call anything of consequence on the Buckeyes for the entire game. Barrett being gifted a first down was just the cherry on top.

Was a major fail.

Go Blue. Always.

Vic knows the game was piss-poorly officiated, and no one here expects him to admit it.

Posting a pic of the guy who spotted the ball can't balance out what was obviously a one-sided 60 minutes of officiating, favouring Ohio State.

The Big Ten blew it by assigning three officials from Ohio to officiate a Buckeyes game against a heated rival in Columbus, OH.

Not surprisingly, The Crew had no stones to call anything of consequence on the Buckeyes for the entire game. Barrett being gifted a first down was just the cherry on top.

Was a major fail.

Go Blue. Always.

Your posts just keep making this win better and better. Love it.

See thats the difference between a Michigan fan and an Ohio fan. We don't relish in tainted and questionable wins like this. Reference the UM win over VTech in Hoke's first year.

Nothing questionable about it. Thank your own for definitively clearing it up:

Still questionable.
Know why?
Because others have come to the conclusion that it wasn't a first down.
See where I'm coming from?
Probably not.

And no measurement.

Yeah, it was all above board down in C-Bus.

Ohio Taint.

Go Blue. Always.

This game will go down in history as another questionable win by ohio.

Someone posted in The Fort that the Buckeyes (two penalties/six yards) have not had a penalty count of two or less since 1988.

And someone asked if, in the recorded history of college football, if one team has ever:

1/ recorded eight QB sacks in a game, yet

2/ not drawn a single holding penalty

Interesting stuff.

Go Blue. Always.

And no measurement.

Yeah, it was all above board down in C-Bus.

Ohio Taint.

Go Blue. Always.

How am I suppose to take you seriously when you post ignorance like this??

Let me help you out: There was no need to bring out the chains. It's OT. The ball started at the 25yd line. So if it's touching the 15 or past it then it's a first down. If it's short then it's not a first down.

It's all about the spot. The line to gain was obvious.

Think, don't just parrot.

Let me help you out: There was no need to bring out the chains. It's OT. The ball started at the 25yd line. So if it's touching the 15 or past it then it's a first down. If it's short then it's not a first down.

I don't take you seriously, so there's that.

Go Blue. Always.

It was OT, you twat.
All the more reason to bring out tge chains and review the spot.

Tip of the cap to the Fort poster who relayed this:

Please clarify. Were all the officials at the OSU game from Ohio? Since we have been talking about "rigged" political events in the news lately, should this game generate similar discussion about "rigged" college football games?

--------
The head ref was fired in 2002 (Daniel Capron), or suspended and somehow allowed to ref again in the Big Ten.

Link to 2002 LA times article http://articles.latimes.com/2002/oct/03/sports/sp-colfbnotes3

The ref who made the call on the 4th and 1 spot was none other than ohio native (Cincy) and OHSAA hall of fame ref Bobby Sager who is a known to be Buckeye football fan. He is also the ref that threw the flag on Harbaugh for a personal foul when he threw his headset. Ironically when the Buckeyes didnt get the first down on the fake punt Urban threw his headset without getting a foul. Bobby Sager is the ref who told Habaugh he was a basketball ref and said what Harbaugh did would have been a tech in Basketball.

Here is another link http://ohiovalleyofficials.com/2016/06/17/ohsaa-officials-hof-adds-sagers-roy/

Taint.

Ohio Taint.

Go Blue. Always.

Tip of the cap to the Fort poster who relayed this:

Please clarify. Were all the officials at the OSU game from Ohio? Since we have been talking about "rigged" political events in the news lately, should this game generate similar discussion about "rigged" college football games?

--------
The head ref was fired in 2002 (Daniel Capron), or suspended and somehow allowed to ref again in the Big Ten.

Link to 2002 LA times article http://articles.latimes.com/2002/oct/03/sports/sp-colfbnotes3

The ref who made the call on the 4th and 1 spot was none other than ohio native (Cincy) and OHSAA hall of fame ref Bobby Sager who is a known to be Buckeye football fan. He is also the ref that threw the flag on Harbaugh for a personal foul when he threw his headset. Ironically when the Buckeyes didnt get the first down on the fake punt Urban threw his headset without getting a foul. Bobby Sager is the ref who told Habaugh he was a basketball ref and said what Harbaugh did would have been a tech in Basketball.

Here is another link http://ohiovalleyofficials.com/2016/06/17/ohsaa-officials-hof-adds-sagers-roy/

Taint.

Ohio Taint.

Go Blue. Always.
Wtf is a basketball ref doing in a football gsme??

Wtf is a basketball ref doing in a football gsme??

Blame the Big Ten for assigning a largely-Ohio based crew with strong leans to the Buckeyes for a high-stakes-football game to be played in the heart of Ohio.

Then blame the officials for not having the fortitude to decline due to conflict of interest.

Then blame them further for accepting and then proceeding to prove why they should not have been assigned and why they really should have declined.

Go Blue. Always.

Reactions: GoBlue_since1985
because they'll never work in a UM game again.
Radio said that as the Refs were reviewing the play the OSU asked the police to come out for fear the reversal would start a riot ! Then once game was over the Refs get their checks as they entered their dressing room from assistant HC. first part is true for I heard it along with my daughter as we watched the game. Second part is my understanding of how this is done. "74

No conspiracy, ky.

Just the B1G allowing admitted Ohio State fans to "officiate" the game.

Fact.

Six laughable yards in penalties over a span of four quarters plus OT.

Fact.

We don't expect you to care, and understand your comments on the matter aren't worth much.

Go Blue. Always.

Here are some other facts:

Less than 100 yards rushing.
9 offensive plays for a total of 4 yards in the 4th quarter.
3 turnovers, including a pick-6 and another almost a pick-6.
A coach that acts like a spoiled brat on the sideline.
A stupid running into the kicker penalty.
An over aggressive D that often had players out of position.
Not going for 2 to win in OT.

That's what cost you the game.

Yep, Michigan made mistakes, did not get a single call, and still could have won.

We know that.

But it doesn't erase the sham officiating.

If tons of college games were worked by lifelong fans with the one-sidedness of Saturday, the sport would die.

There has to be at least a semblance of fairness, and Saturday down in Columbus, quite clearly there was not.

Go Blue. Always.

Last edited:
Here are some other facts:

Less than 100 yards rushing.
9 offensive plays for a total of 4 yards in the 4th quarter.
3 turnovers, including a pick-6 and another almost a pick-6.
A coach that acts like a spoiled brat on the sideline.
A stupid running into the kicker penalty.
An over aggressive D that often had players out of position.
Not going for 2 to win in OT.

That's what cost you the game.
Spoiled brat?
Get over yourself dude.
You act like JH is the only coach to ever yell at the refs and contest some shitty calls.

Yep, Michigan made mistakes, did not get a single call, and still could have won.

We know that.

But it doesn't erase the sham officiating.

If tons of college games were worked by lifelong fans with the one-sidedness of Satuday, the sport would die.

There has to be at least a semblance of fairness, and Saturday down in Columbus, quite clearly there was not.

Go Blue. Always.
I'm not nearly as pissed off about that ball placement as I am about obvious non-calls in key situations and questionable calls against us that weren't called against O$U. These refs failed doing their job impartially, they let the teams play or call penalties evenly and UM wins.

Also, service reminder, it's Tuesday and Kybuckie is still an ass, not a trash talker.

I'm not nearly as pissed off about that ball placement as I am about obvious non-calls in key situations and questionable calls against us that weren't called against O$U. These refs failed doing their job impartially, they let the teams play or call penalties evenly and UM wins.

Also, service reminder, it's Tuesday and Kybuckie is still an ass, not a trash talker.

-------

Well, it was failure on a massive scale.

I don't see anyone defending it, which is a good sign.
Not seeing the ol' "it was bad for both teams" (which it so often is) because Saturday, it clearly wasn't.

What we're not hearing concedes the contention - make that the fact - the game was piss-poorly officiated.

I think with balanced calls, Michigan wins by 7-10 points.

Go Blue. Always.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT