ADVERTISEMENT

GA: What are we drinking?

I've had a few Stone IPAs, have you had Truth from Rhinegeist? Red Hook Long Hammer IPA is decent. Not as bitter.
If it was Arrogant Bastard, that is about the worst. Next time you're up this way I'll give you some of the good stuff.

Notice the Bell's Third Coast Beer on my binnacle table there ... love me some Michigan craft beer out on Lake Michigan ... especially one named in salute to the Great Lakes!

ThirdCoastSeptCharter-1.jpg

Third Coast Old Ale is the business. 10.2% ABV. Probably my favorite Bell's beer.

No, YOU'RE the worst.

You should try some of the Cincy beers. We have a few very solid breweries down here. These guys were the fastest growing brewery in the country last year.
Oh hell yeah. I want to try the Truth and the Sabertooth Tiger. If I leave right now I should be there in time for the Army AA game.

IPA's to drink: Sierra Nevada (Hop Hunter)/ New Belgium (Ranger)/ Ballast Point (Sculpin Grapefruit) *Super expensive though*/ Stone IPA./Devil's Britches Red IPA-Highland

Stout: Sierra Nevada West Coast Stout/Murphy's/Beamish/Guinness. The Duck Rabbit Milk Stout

Ales: Bell's Two Hearted Ale/ Boddington's/

Mass produced: Yuengling ONLY!!!!! still American owned and the quality is still good. All Budweiser/Miller/Coors (One company now) Anheiser-Busch is now pure garbage.

Awesome, good on you! I've got some serious catching up to do ... but man, the journey is sweet!

Keep the recommendations coming, appreciated! Have you sampled any of Stones brews? RM actually recommended them ... read up on them and tried their 12-pack sampler ... very good!
Stone has its own pavilion pub at Petco. I missed most of a Padres game while hanging out there which is okay because, well, its the Padres.

IPA's to drink: Sierra Nevada (Hop Hunter)/ New Belgium (Ranger)/ Ballast Point (Sculpin Grapefruit) *Super expensive though*/ Stone IPA./Devil's Britches Red IPA-Highland

Stout: Sierra Nevada West Coast Stout/Murphy's/Beamish/Guinness. The Duck Rabbit Milk Stout

Ales: Bell's Two Hearted Ale/ Boddington's/

Mass produced: Yuengling ONLY!!!!! still American owned and the quality is still good. All Budweiser/Miller/Coors (One company now) Anheiser-Busch is now pure garbage.
No no no.

IPA's

3 Floyds Zombie Dust, Permanent Funeral, Space Station Middle Finger, Alpha King, War Mullet.
Kuhnhenn DRIPA & TRIPA
Fat Heads Hop Juju and Hop Stalker
Bell's Hopslam
Russian River Pliny the Elder
Oddsides Citra & HTV
Half Acre Daisy Cutter
Surly Todd the Axeman
Creatures Comforts Tropicalia
Ballast Point Sculpin
Stone RuinTen
Short's Hopstache
Darkhorse Double Crooked Tree
Greenbush Brother Benjamin
Firestone Double Jack

Everything else is a step down, IMO

Reactions: St. Joe Blue 3
No no no.

IPA's

3 Floyds Zombie Dust, Permanent Funeral, Space Station Middle Finger, Alpha King, War Mullet.
Kuhnhenn DRIPA & TRIPA
Bell's Hopslam
Oddsides Citra & HTV
Half Acre Daisy Cutter
Surly Todd the Axeman
Ballast Point Sculpin
Stone RuinTen
Short's Hopstache
Firestone Double Jack

But I'm willing to try anything to possibly add to this list.

For the cost, Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter and New Belgium Ranger is by far the best IPA on the market for me. I love Grapefruit Sculpin by Ballast Point but the $15.00 per six pack is utterly ridiculous and snobbish to say the least. If you like hops then Ranger is like drinking straight pine and if you drink more than two then you will get one hell of a headache. Hop Hunter is made with distilled Hop Oil which is incredible.

No no no.

IPA's

Kuhnhenn DRIPA & TRIPA
Bell's Hopslam
Oddsides Citra & HTV
Half Acre Daisy Cutter
Surly Todd the Axeman
Ballast Point Sculpin
Stone RuinTen
Short's Hopstache
Firestone Double Jack

Greenbush is another brewery very close to me. Life is good, great beer makes it even more so!

For the cost, Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter and New Belgium Ranger is by far the best IPA on the market for me. I love Grapefruit Sculpin by Ballast Point but the $15.00 per six pack is utterly ridiculous and snobbish to say the least. If you like hops then Ranger is like drinking straight pine and if you drink more than two then you will get one hell of a headache. Hop Hunter is made with distilled Hop Oil which is incredible.
I've had both. If you get the chance to try any off my list, you will be a very happy man. A few I forgot to add is Cigar City Jalai Alai, Brew Kettle White Raja, and Avery Maharaja. Just trust me.

Are you in SC? Creatures Comforts is in Athens GA and they may distribute near you. Their Tropicalia IPA is off the charts good.

Glenrothes single malt for a great scotch. Woodford Reserve for a nice bourbon. I take VO in my Manhattans. I am not much of a beer drinker since my undergrad days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT