ADVERTISEMENT

GA: What are we drinking?

Nothing for me tonight. Went to Connor O'Neil's last night and let the bartender talk me into drinking Blackhearteds (think black and tan substituting Two Hearted for Harp.

Feeling pretty crappy today! Not sure I can recommend the combo.

I am going to crack open some Dirty Bastards from Founders in a second. Best damn beer in the world. I picked up a Dirty Dozen today.

dirty_bastard_12pk_can_web-921.jpg

For the money and alcohol content, I usually buy Sierra Nevada Torpedo. As far as IPA's. Also like Ballast Point Sculpin.
Agree Torpedo is a great value, I usually get it on sale for $12.99 for a twelve pack, it's 7.2% ABV, and rated
outstanding and world class by Beer Advocates and The Bros.

Have recently read about Sculpin and it's on my get list. As a retired fishery biologist, how could it not be?

Agree Torpedo is a great value, I usually get it on sale for $12.99 for a twelve pack, it's 7.2% ABV, and rated
outstanding and world class by Beer Advocates and The Bros.

Have recently read about Sculpin and it's on my get list. As a retired fishery biologist, how could it not be?
Was fortunate to visit Ballast Point back in October. Threw back many Sculpins

ABM_1452310236.jpg

Reactions: St. Joe Blue 3
I'm rich as samboni so I don't care, but torpedo is good beer.
I'm a good part Scottish so I do by nature, and my wife is Portuguese-Brazilian ... and can make nickels poop wood ... so I'm always shopping price for my beer selections, but weight value highest in my selection process.

Also like to explore new, for me, brews. I use my Beer Advocates app extensively, it's free, and I recommend it.

Okay, I'm trying to make as much sense as I can, but this buzzed posting is tricky.

That's awesome Jamie, thanks. I really enjoy touring the craft beer breweries. They're just exploding here in sw Michigan, turns out the locally grown hops are excellent, and are in super high demand.

Life is good!

Nice, Likewise. I travel to as many as I can. I also follow beer advocate quite extensively. I try and cross off as many off the top 250 list as possible. I just got back from Firestone in Paso Robles CA and Russian River. Scored a huge pull of rare gems.

ABM_1452304517-1.jpg

Nice, Likewise. I travel to as many as I can. I also follow beer advocate quite extensively. I try and cross off as many off the top 250 list as possible. I just got back from Firestone in Paso Robles CA and Russian River. Scored a huge pull of rare gems.

ABM_1452304517-1.jpg
Awesome, good on you! I've got some serious catching up to do ... but man, the journey is sweet!

Keep the recommendations coming, appreciated! Have you sampled any of Stones brews? RM actually recommended them ... read up on them and tried their 12-pack sampler ... very good!

Awesome, good on you! I've got some serious catching up to do ... but man, the journey is sweet!

Keep the recommendations coming, appreciated! Have you sampled any of Stones brews? RM actually recommended them ... read up on them and tried their 12-pack sampler ... very good!
Yup, been to Stone too. My favorites are RuinTen, Enjoy By, and Xocoveza. When you get the chance download the app called Untappd. It's pretty awesome.

How close are you to Munster, IN?

Bunch of craft beer drinking wusses. Tecate is the considered narco beer in Mexico so I am drinking them in honor of El Chapo getting Bortoned.

I reckon about 75 miles. Come on over for some sailing and beer sometime!
Well I'm just north of Toledo but I was gonna say my favorite brewery ever is in Munster called Three Floyds. Zombie Dust, Alpha King, Permanent Funeral, War Mullet. It'll change your life forever.

And yeah, I'll still take you up on the mandate offer.

Well I'm just north of Toledo but I was gonna say my favorite brewery ever is in Munster called Three Floyds. Zombie Dust, Alpha King, Permanent Funeral, War Mullet. It'll change your life forever.

Cool, please do. There's an awesome brewery in Benton Harbor, The Livery ... actually in a building that was once a horse livery ... they win brewing awards in Germany, fantastic beer!

When in high school in Ann Arbor, our group often piled into cars and headed down 23 to hit the old burlesque strip joint in Toledo and drink 3.2 beer ... good times!

Reactions: JamieDurham
Nothing for me tonight. Went to Connor O'Neil's last night and let the bartender talk me into drinking Blackhearteds (think black and tan substituting Two Hearted for Harp.

Feeling pretty crappy today! Not sure I can recommend the combo.

Yeah well....I peed off a bridge at Nationwide Arena district last weekend....which generally is an open area and walkway for lots of people bar hopping.

I'm still trying to recover from the hangover.

I drank H2O.

((in Cleveland's voice)) IPAs are NASTY.

I'm not a bitter beer kinda guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT