ADVERTISEMENT

Fox ranks new coaches (a word about JH)

ArrowheadBlue

Heisman
May 29, 2001
There are four active coaches in the FBS who can realistically be viewed as can't-miss:
Urban Meyer and Nick Saban are the first two. You hire them, you're winning. Period. Period. Period.
Jimbo Fisher has inserted himself into this list. Many of us in the pundit class had our doubts entering the 2013 season, but not now. It's just about impossible to doubt that Fisher will make your program a juggernaut in due time.
Jim Harbaugh is the fourth coach. He turned Stanford from feeble basement dweller to BCS bowl champion and national contender. He became the first NFL head coach in the 45-year AFC-NFC era (which began in 1970 after the AFL-NFL merger) to make a conference championship game in each of his first three seasons.
If there are four super-duper-stars who actively coach FBS college football, Harbaugh's one of them. Merry Christmas, Michigan.Tweet(14)

The new Golden Calf that you are all worshiping...hasn't coached one game at UofM and he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.,..haha. You will get better than the last few years, I mean, the bar is really low. But Dantonio and Meyer will have a lot to say about your newest savior.,.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

or Dumtonio or Liar

when someone complains about a 'golden cow" not winning a game at UM she only shows her ignorance. Don't know how JH is going to do in AA but his track record at Stanford and the 49ers is pretty impressive. And you bet the horse in the next race based on previous results. JH has stocked his coaching staff with true professional coaches and that's impressive to recruits; JH loves to recruit and it ain't like the UM team is devoid of talent.

Originally posted by SpartansNation:
The new Golden Calf that you are all worshiping...hasn't coached one game at UofM and he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.,..haha. You will get better than the last few years, I mean, the bar is really low. But Dantonio and Meyer will have a lot to say about your newest savior.,.
Harbaugh DOES belong on the list. Would Dantonio have been mentioned in an article like this when he was hired. Nope. The reason Harbaugh is included is because everyone knows what is coming next year and beyond that. Especially since Hoke recruited so well. The talent is on the roster. Now the "Golden Calf" is about to wake it up. Little brother is about to be sent to his room and Urban Liar is about to declare "heart ache" once again and join the ESPN broadcast booth

This post was edited on 1/22 7:32 PM by scfanblue

This post was edited on 1/22 7:33 PM by scfanblue

He is amazing..I heard he puts Gatorade in his cereal in the morning.,.and he wears khakis, which is so cool. Meyer has actually won championships...Dantonio has won championships..natty as DC at OSU... What Championships has Haurbaugh won?? Crickets...

Originally posted by scfanblue:

Harbaugh DOES belong on the list. Would Dantonio have been mentioned in an article like this when he was hired. Nope. The reason Harbaugh is included is because everyone knows what is coming next year and beyond that. Especially since Hoke recruited so well. The talent is on the roster. Now the "Golden Calf" is about to wake it up. Little brother is about to be sent to hsi room and Urban Liar is about to declare "heart ache" once again and join the ESPN broadcast booth

This post was edited on 1/22 7:32 PM by scfanblue

These accolades are coming for unbiased sources....

UM fans aren't the only ones who think he's a great coach. Conversely, MSU fans are the only ones who think he sucks. Whatever makes you feel better.

Never said he sucked, and I don't hear MSU people saying that either. It's just that you guys have already hired the sculptor to have a statue made of him and have him canonized. It's really a sign of slavish desperation...

I'm sure Harbaugh is a great coach...its just that this is the third time since 2007 you guys have told us to be afraid of your coach and what he's going to do to the rest of the big 10.

What exactly has Dantonio won at MSU? The Rose Bowl and Big Ten Championship correct? WOW!!!!!! At least Meyer has given OSU a national championship and in a much shorter time than Dirt-tonio in East Lansing. You have had your fun little brother, time to start walking back to your room now. It's adult time between Meyer and Harbaugh now.
laugh.r191677.gif

I'll be the first to acknowledge a great job.by Harbaugh if he wins a national Championship at Michigan...odds are a lot tougher than all of you realize. OSU is stacked and thats not going away. MSU is stacked (likely 3 first roh d draft picks next year--Cook, Calhoun, and Conklin) and we are not going away. You guys haven't even played in a BIG championship....good luck.

Re: MSU doesn't concern me at all...

Originally posted by BigHouse_00:
OSU, on the other hand, is going to be a tough nut to crack.
Ohio State-National Champs-Urban Meyer-Head Coach who has been in Columbus for 3 years and has only lost 3 games. OSU has beat Alabama and Oregon. However, in his 3 years at the helm-the Bucks have struggled to beat a Michigan team coached by Brady Hoke. These struggles came with a far superior and deeply talented roster than the Wolverines have. Everyone is caught up in the moment because the Bucks beat Alabama who was not nearly as talented as the Tide teams of the past and a very proven weaker SEC this year as evidenced in the bowl games. Likewise, the Ducks lost to Rich Rod's Wildcats this year. Yes, kudos to Nuts for beating them both, but the media and the rest of the Big 10 are also licking their nuts at the moment and hailing Meyer as the greatest coach ever. The same they did to Saban three years ago. Jim Harbaugh and the staff he has brought in coupled with a very good roster will IMMEDIATELY challenge Meyer and will begin Hammering the Spartans next year. This is not Rich Rod who spent his entire career at WV before coming to UM and he is not Brady Hoke. Coaching an NFL team to 44-19 in just 4 years time speaks volumes about his coaching capabilities. He has WON everywhere he has coached period!!!!! Do you honestly believe he is going to forget in Ann Arbor? Please!!!!!! BOTH OSU and Spartan fans know this and that is why you BOTH are here on the website posting stupid comments. YOU ARE WORRIED AND YOU SHOULD BE
devil.r191677.gif

Like I said...1st rounder drafted last year..another one this year...and likely 3 next year. The future looks pretty good for Sparty. Btw, you all raved about all your recruits the past 4 years, yet you are now saying OSU's roster was better? yku guys really are a piece of work. Oh, and MSU is the only BIG Team to beat Urban Meyer at OSU..lmao.

See BIGhouse....you guys never learn. Im glad you aren't concerned with MSU at all...I hope that attitude is continues in Schembechler hall too...😀
"I hope that attitude is continues in Schembechler hall too..."

Find someone to teach you better grammar.

On another thought, you talk about how Ohio and MSU are stacked with talent, and that isn't going away. And granted that may be true......but UM is to. And it will continue get even more stacked up as long as JH is there. UM isn't going away either chump. So run back to East Lansing and paint you finger nails green.

I've heard about JH. Kills men by the hundreds. And if he were here, would consume the Buckeyes with fireballs from his eyes, anc bolts of lightning from his arse.

I'm guessing Cinciblue is too young for that qoute, and BAW far too old.

I've heard about JH. Kills men by the hundreds. And if he were here, would consume the Buckeyes with fireballs from his eyes, anc bolts of lightning from his arse.

I'm guessing Cinciblue is too young for that qoute, and BAW far too old.

Michigan should be better than MSU....

UM has more resources and more to offer than MSU. If UM isn't better than MSU over the long haul, something isn't right at UM.

Spartan Nation fails to realize that the rise in the Spartan Nation happened only while UM was at its lowest level in decades and now that Harbaugh is back UM will be prominent again and I believe as long as Dantonio is in charge MSU will be good to. In the old days it was only the big two-now the BIG will be like the SEC with many good teams and two great ones. GO BLUE!

Nother duplicate
This post was edited on 1/23 1:52 PM by Joe Gory

Originally posted by GoBlue_since1985:
In four years Meyer won't be on that list because he'll realize he can't beat JH and will move on to another conference.
Don't forget to add: "Meyer only won with Tebow, he can't develop quarterbacks, has never had a 1000 yard running back, runs a gimmick offense, only won at Florida because of his assistants, and will leave OSU in shambles without any talent like he did in Florida."

The UM brand holds more weight nationally than MSU...

That gives UM a huge advantage in terms of recruiting. Even in UM's current down period, UM has totally outrecruited MSU. Did it translate to the field? No, but with good coaching, it should make a difference. In addition, UM is a better school and has a lot more tradition and history than MSU. If you think UM is going to be down forever, you need to wake up.

Notice--I am terrible at typing and I use my iPhone to boot..not a good combo. Sorry for what appears to be poor grammar; certainly not my intention.

Anywhoo.....I am still waiting to hear about all about the "more resources" Michigan has over MSU....Be specific.

By the way, as far as recruiting is concerned and player development. There probably is no better evaluator of talent and a developer of talent than Mark Dantonio. See the following:

Darquez Dennard 2* recruit-- 1st round draft pick
Trae Waynes 3* recruit-- Will be a 1st round draft pick
Conner Cook- 3* star recruit--Likely 1st round pick
Shilique Calhoun-3* recruit--Likely 1st round Pick
Jack Conklin- 0* recruit--Likely 1st round Pick.

Not to mention last year we got the #1 player out of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Illinois. We are expanding our recruiting footprint every year and getting in a lot of players that we wouldn't have 10 years ago...OSU and MSU are going to be brutal for your boy Jimmah to overcome...HaHa

Originally posted by klemman:

Originally posted by GoBlue_since1985:
In four years Meyer won't be on that list because he'll realize he can't beat JH and will move on to another conference.
Don't forget to add: "Meyer only won with Tebow, he can't develop quarterbacks, has never had a 1000 yard running back, runs a gimmick offense, only won at Florida because of his assistants, and will leave OSU in shambles without any talent like he did in Florida."
Also Meyer is going to be Ohio State's RichRod.

And Meyer hasn't won anything at Ohio State.

However, in his 3 years at the helm-the Bucks have struggled to beat a Michigan team coached by Brady Hoke. These struggles came with a far superior and deeply talented roster than the Wolverines have.

SCfanBlue:

Have you just started following this series ? I've been a huge Buckeye fan since the early 60s and go into EVERY OSU-UM game nervous as hell - I don't care what the records or point spreads are. I've seen the unexpected hapen way too often. And I would rephrase your quote above to reflect "underdeveloped talent."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT