ADVERTISEMENT

Film review and thoughts

jrorick21

Senior
Gold Member
Mar 27, 2014
I'm just a lowly level small school high school coach so take this with a grain of salt. But after watching tape all night I came to several thoughts.
1. Cade is and by far our best QB as of now. JJ has all the tools but today he showed he is green and makes mistakes and at worst possible time. The atmosphere got to him and he should have never been allowed to come back on the field after 1st fumble.
2. Our LBS are young and as much as I love Colson. He is pretty bad at keeping gap discipline. All of our LBS aren't great at it but he was bad today. There is ton of room to improve.
3. Cornelius Johnson is not a #1. He is ok. But he does not catch ball well in traffic, runs poor routes at times and does not have great hands or ball skills. Andrew Anthony on the hand should be our #1 literally for rest of the year. He has great hands, speed, and ball skills. Great find and recruiting hit. Henning is another one that besides his return abilities is very poor, and a horrible blocker.
4. David Ojabo and Hutchinson are both beasts. They are hard to block 1 on 1 and Ojabo will be a force and a future 1st rounder.
5. Erik All has became what we thought he was. And that is very good.
6. Mike Mcdonald had a terrible game and needs to learn the college game. This is the first team we faced with a good offense. And he sucked. The 3 to 4 illegal substitutions was just plain embarrassing. He probably has never seen a hurry up offense like that in the NFL and didn't figure it out as game went on either. His inability to realize that #1 was by far and away the primary target on almost every passing play baffled me. He left him 1 on 1 so often and we got beat often.
7. The refs in the big have to be the worst I have ever seen in my life.
8. We have a good team but we are young and we shoot ourselves in the foot too often. Jim Harbaugh is who he is at this point and seems to make the dumbest decisions when stuff matters in big games. That is on him and that is something that has always happened since he has been here. I thought we played tough and I thought we executed pretty well (minus red zone again, and rush lanes) but no adjustments made at half time and the bone headed call to play JJ the 2nd fumble play was baffling.
9. Onwards and upwards hopefully. We have to win next week. PsU will be a damn tough game and I don't think we win that one. They played a good game tonight and will be hard on the road. If we go 2-2 to end the year and actually win a bowl game this year will be a success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News