ADVERTISEMENT

Came to the board to share some positive thoughts about our effort tonight...

Blue Daoist

Senior
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2003
But leaving the board wondering about the personalities and daily lives of some of the posters here.

Seriously, I cannot tell if they are sarcastic, alcohol- or drug-induced, or posted by trolls (and that's my fault for being ignorant of the times)--but the posts criticizing Ronnie Bell, Don Brown, and Jim Harbaugh after this valiant effort are worth some serious head-scratching.

I don't understand vitriol aimed at a 19-year-old kid who admittedly should have caught the potential game-tying TD, but who had made plenty of plays before that to get us in a position to tie the game in the first place, then showed tremendous passion in the form of tortured agony on the sidelines in front of millions of viewers--how do you rip on that kid?

I don't understand calling for our highly-esteemed and outstanding defensive coordinator, to whom much credit should go for our defense being perennially tough, although occasionally gashed, to "get bent" (whatever that means) and leave--I'd rather have this wizened coach at the helm than some young hot-shot who will always be at risk of actually leaving to take a head coaching position somewhere.

I don't understand criticizing Harbs after a performance that was far better than what many people here had predicted. He and the coaching staff did a tremendous job today with the offensive game plan. Our mix of pass and run and the diversity of the play calls today far exceeded my hopes for this game. They almost made it work. The fact that it didn't doesn't mean it all counts for naught. Sometimes, in a loss, you find the footing that will help you move forward, and I believe that if we bring this kind of dynamic offensive game plan to the rest of our games this season, we will win all of them, including the last one against OSU. We cannot possibly face a more daunting challenge than the white-out we just weathered.

In any case, I'm appalled at the negativity displayed by some of our fan base after a loss, when most of them expected a loss anyway and the team played much better than expected. It's not all about wins and losses; it's also about effort and growth and all those moments when we cheered great plays during the game. That's what I will take forward as I head to Ann Arbor to tailgate all day and watch what will hopefully be an outstanding performance against Notre Dame in Under the Lights III with all those other diehard Michigan fans who didn't bail on this team, its coaches, and its players after this tough loss.

Go Blue, and Stay Positive, Always!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News