ADVERTISEMENT

Braxton Miller plans on raising a very stupid son

No tears, no hurt. But seriously, do you have the mental aptitude to have a discussion without resorting to insults? If not, than I apologize for having a higher expectation.
You are too easily insulted. I just wanted an end to the whining about how every D1 school wanted to jettison their starter and hand the reins to Mr Fragile, when it seems clear that's not the case.

Not insulted. Just disappointed when I see the potential for a decent discussion and the other person resorts to insults because of some need to satisfy an ego.

Now,to your last point, not a single media source or fan ever said that every D1 school wanted to jettison their starter. Those are the type of absolute statements that you make that takes away any credibility you may have.

Call him Mr. Fragile if you like, but he's also a two time Big 10 MVP. While there may have been no school willing to offer him a guaranteed starting job because of his shoulder, very few schools would turn him down if he was willing to come in, compete for the job, work his way into taking some snaps at QB as the season progresses and his shoulder strengthens, and use his legs where ever they can. But since he already has that at OSU, is surrounded by playmakers and a very good offensive line, and has a shot at another National Championship, why would he leave?

Braxton Miller reaffirmed his commitment to stay at Ohio State for the 2015 season at a press conference last week. Miller had the opportunity to transfer and play immediately at another program as a graduate transfer but instead chose to stay with the Buckeyes as part of a crowded quarterback competition.

Miller, coming off shoulder surgery that kept him out all of 2014, is competing for the starting job with J.T. Barrett and Cardale Jones, who each had success as starters in 2014. Miller explained his decision to stay with the Buckeyes, rather than transfer to a guaranteed starting position, when asked if he ever seriously considered leaving Ohio State by Cleveland.com.

"Nah, I'm a Buckeye man," said Miller. "I got a tatt on my shoulder. My son is going to come here one day."

It's funny he says that but the reality is he was looking around. Probably had the pot sweetened by Ohio state and decided to stay. I love how these guys act, their loyalties are bought and they play it off as some honorable attribute to a benevolent institution.

It's funny how fans like to make negative assumptions and treat it as fact. That's not a Michigan fan thing. All fan bases do it including OSU fans.

Miller probably did ask for advice from others regarding going to other schools because of the QB log jam, but there's no evidence as to him actually communicating with other coaches about transferring. That is why no other coaches could really talk about Miller. He didn't declare that he was available so they couldn't contact him and inquire about his interest. And what he did declare to the public all along, was that he intended to return to OSU. Something. That the vast majority of opposing fans said would never happen.

As to OSU sweetening the pot, he obviously wasn't promised a guaranteed starting QB spot. In terms of loyalty Meyer has admitted to having that for Miller all along. Add that Miller grew up an hour from Columbus and has a child locally, it makes perfect sense that he stays, including for football reasons.

I have serious doubts that Miller could have passed a physical to play QB. I think the injury is not back to normal and he had no choice but to suck it up and play H-back. I do not know it he can catch the ball and we will see if he can pass on option plays. It will be interesting to see how well he blocks with so little experience and a healing shoulder.

The blocking is a big question. Not only because of the shoulder, but I'm sure that he hasn't really had to do that at anytime in his career. Similarly the question remains as to whether he can catch while being covered.

Regarding his injury, it was reported that he was throwing the ball, but wasn't scheduled to throw with any velocity until Fall Camp. I don't know if that qualifies it as not back to normal, because that has been the plan throughout.

But I'm sure several factors played into his decision to change. Obviously the guys who he is competing with, the opportunity to get onto the field and make contributions earlier, and consideration for playing at the next level. I maintain that he will ge the opportunity to throw later in the season but not ass the starting QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT