ADVERTISEMENT

Braxton Miller plans on raising a very stupid son

ArrowheadBlue

Heisman
May 29, 2001
Braxton Miller reaffirmed his commitment to stay at Ohio State for the 2015 season at a press conference last week. Miller had the opportunity to transfer and play immediately at another program as a graduate transfer but instead chose to stay with the Buckeyes as part of a crowded quarterback competition.

Miller, coming off shoulder surgery that kept him out all of 2014, is competing for the starting job with J.T. Barrett and Cardale Jones, who each had success as starters in 2014. Miller explained his decision to stay with the Buckeyes, rather than transfer to a guaranteed starting position, when asked if he ever seriously considered leaving Ohio State by Cleveland.com.

"Nah, I'm a Buckeye man," said Miller. "I got a tatt on my shoulder. My son is going to come here one day."

Braxton Miller reaffirmed his commitment to stay at Ohio State for the 2015 season at a press conference last week. Miller had the opportunity to transfer and play immediately at another program as a graduate transfer but instead chose to stay with the Buckeyes as part of a crowded quarterback competition.

Miller, coming off shoulder surgery that kept him out all of 2014, is competing for the starting job with J.T. Barrett and Cardale Jones, who each had success as starters in 2014. Miller explained his decision to stay with the Buckeyes, rather than transfer to a guaranteed starting position, when asked if he ever seriously considered leaving Ohio State by Cleveland.com.

"Nah, I'm a Buckeye man," said Miller. "I got a tatt on my shoulder. My son is going to come here one day."
Not sure how many schools would be interested in a china doll like Miller.

You mean not too many schools would want a two-time Big Ten Player of the Year before even playing his senior season? Really?

Reactions: hydro2fifty
You mean not too many schools would want a two-time Big Ten Player of the Year before even playing his senior season? Really?

Give OSU credit for taking advantage of his strength which was running the ball. Unfortunately, he is injury prone, which did him in. Now he finds himself
as their third string QB, but I'm sure Urban Lier will find something for him to do to help the team. Otherwise, he would have cut him to make room for
another recruit.

"Braxton Miller plans on raising a very stupid son."

Do some of you guys actually say out loud what you post on these boards. I understand that is an attempt to trash talk, but unless you're 10 years old or younger, it's a very lame effort.

"Braxton Miller plans on raising a very stupid son."

Do some of you guys actually say out loud what you post on these boards. I understand that is an attempt to trash talk, but unless you're 10 years old or younger, it's a very lame effort.
Quit trying to take the high road here, when some of your breathern think "Muck Fichigan" shirts are high art.

Glass houses.

Reactions: St. Joe Blue 3
Big difference between a play on words or obvious general insults for fun, and attacks or derogatory insulting comments on individuals. I don't have a problem with Muck Fichigan any more than I have no problem with O$U, both are humorous and aren't attacking anyone's integrity

Yes, I'm sure Miller has read this board and is now inconsolable over the fact a random rival fan has called out his unborn son.

I don't have a problem with Muck Fichigan any more than I have no problem with O$U, both are humorous and aren't attacking anyone's integrity

I do. They're both lame as hell.

...probably just wants his son play ball at an elite football school

though im surprised that you ran with the son angle, rather than something to do with free tattoo's. given the tatt miller said he had on his shoulder

Last edited:
Link? That's in vast contrast to what I've heard.
Yeah-I've got a link to a big time FB coach saying "We like the kid, but he's delicate as a champagne glass."
They go on record with stuff like that all the time.
It's pretty evident he looked around, nobody wanted a fragile, 1 year QB, so he tucked his tail between his legs and came back to be the #3 QB at TUOS.
You can pretend whatever you like.

Nobody wanted Miller? Taking him coming off the injury would be a risk, but I find it difficult to believe that every team in the nation is so secure I their QB talent and depth that they wouldn't be willing to take the risk.

Miller always said his intention was to return to OSU. I've said all along that whether he's 1st, 2nd, or 3rd string, the best combination of opportunity and risk would be for him to return to OSU. I don't believe that's tucking your tail between your legs.

Nobody wanted Miller? Taking him coming off the injury would be a risk, but I find it difficult to believe that every team in the nation is so secure I their QB talent and depth that they wouldn't be willing to take the risk.

Miller always said his intention was to return to OSU. I've said all along that whether he's 1st, 2nd, or 3rd string, the best combination of opportunity and risk would be for him to return to OSU. I don't believe that's tucking your tail between your legs.
You can believe whatever you like.

Say what you want but if Braxton's son does end up at OSU and playing football, I'll bet his chances of hoisting BIG and NC trophies will still be pretty good just like his father's. Unlike Michigan, he won't have to look back through the history books (way back) to the horse & buggy and pre-leather helmet days to review what his school's glory days looked like.

Notice the difference in players though. An OSU, top-level QB loves his school so much that he's willing to return maybe sacrificing playing time. I remember a star QB at Michigan in the 80s that trashed the school's athletic/academic situation after leaving and then the school is so desperate that they hire him back as their head coach. To the OP: you made this an easy post to reply to....really, it's more comical than anything.

True. Just as one can make up stuff and post it on an anonymous message board.
I wouldn't say you "made up" the story that every D1 school was desperate to land china doll Miller, but you desperately want it to be true. Sorry about that.

Say what you want but if Braxton's son does end up at OSU and playing football, I'll bet his chances of hoisting BIG and NC trophies will still be pretty good just like his father's. Unlike Michigan, he won't have to look back through the history books (way back) to the horse & buggy and pre-leather helmet days to review what his school's glory days looked like.

Notice the difference in players though. An OSU, top-level QB loves his school so much that he's willing to return maybe sacrificing playing time. I remember a star QB at Michigan in the 80s that trashed the school's athletic/academic situation after leaving and then the school is so desperate that they hire him back as their head coach. To the OP: you made this an easy post to reply to....really, it's more comical than anything.
Pryor trashed yours after he left. Clarrett did the same. Yeah, a buncha favorite sons you got going over there in Cbus.

Pryor trashed yours after he left. Clarrett did the same. Yeah, a buncha favorite sons you got going over there in Cbus.

Wanna bet that they'll never be part of the program again like Harbaugh at Michigan ? THERE"S THE DIFFERENCE !

Reactions: hydro2fifty

Wanna bet that they'll never be part of the program again like Harbaugh at Michigan ? THERE"S THE DIFFERENCE !

Did you honestly compare those two clowns to JH? Wow. You're like at least 20 kinds of stupid.

I wouldn't say you "made up" the story that every D1 school was desperate to land china doll Miller, but you desperately want it to be true. Sorry about that.

Here's the difference in our comments. You said "nobody" wanted Miller as a QB. I didn't say that "every D1 School" wanted him, just the difficulty believing that "nobody" wanted him.

Regarding Clarett and Pryor trashing OSU, yes, there was some sour grapes on their behalf as OSU did exactly what all of you said OSU never does, cut them off and dismiss them from the team for their actions. Both players as they've matured have taken back those statements.

Did you honestly compare those two clowns to JH? Wow. You're like at least 20 kinds of stupid.

All three - Clarett, Pryor, and Harbaugh - said and did things that hurt their schools badly. What I'm trying to emphasize and you're obviously not picking up on (and I'm 20 kinds of stupid) is that OSU severed ties with Pryor and Clarett. Michigan, on the other hand, is so desperate to win again that they basically "sucked up' to a person that drug their name through the mud just a few short years ago. Even some of your alumni and higher university officials said he would never be welcomed back in an official status after that not-thought-out statement. And this by a man who supposedly is very, very smart (unlike Clarett and Pryor). He's on a self-destruct mode. Case in point: the recent Cowherd interview. Why in he!! wouldn't any coach take this opportunity to promote himself and program instead of coming across as a bozo ?

You are the one who made the original comparison! Talk about 20 kinds of stupid... you are doing good enough with just one kind of stupid!

You only "cheer for laundry" making you blind to what is actually going on within the program. The jelly is going to eat you up if it 'aint already.

Reactions: Joe Gory

All three - Clarett, Pryor, and Harbaugh - said and did things that hurt their schools badly. What I'm trying to emphasize and you're obviously not picking up on (and I'm 20 kinds of stupid) is that OSU severed ties with Pryor and Clarett. Michigan, on the other hand, is so desperate to win again that they basically "sucked up' to a person that drug their name through the mud just a few short years ago. Even some of your alumni and higher university officials said he would never be welcomed back in an official status after that not-thought-out statement. And this by a man who supposedly is very, very smart (unlike Clarett and Pryor). He's on a self-destruct mode. Case in point: the recent Cowherd interview. Why in he!! wouldn't any coach take this opportunity to promote himself and program instead of coming across as a bozo ?
So what did Harbaugh say that "hurt the school badly"? And who were these alums? Because I recall one guy calling Harbaugh out (don't remember the name) and that was it.

Seriously, who gives a shit about Cowherd? Not the recruits. Not parents of the recruits. Not the Michigan fans. Or alums. Or boosters. He is one of the least liked personalities in sports talk - until now. Amirite?

Pryor got your coach fired. Clarett put you guys on probation watch for academic scandal. Harbaugh put the fans' knickers in a twist.
But sure, let's lump him in with those guys.

Don't care. Yup. I was one that wanted Harbaugh's head on a plate for what he said back then. Now I'm damn happy to have him as our coach. It happens.

Same thing after Meyer with dOSU fans after the 2006 NC. You guys thought he was slimier than goose shit. All of a sudden, he becomes your coach and your memories have been mysteriously wiped clean.

Last edited:
You are the one who made the original comparison! Talk about 20 kinds of stupid... you are doing good enough with just one kind of stupid!

You only "cheer for laundry" making you blind to what is actually going on within the program. The jelly is going to eat you up if it 'aint already.
o_O Yeah. That's it. I'm "jelly". I'm not sure of what, but I'm sure you'll tell me.

Nope, never said anything negative about Meyer when he beat OSU in terms of integrity. I didn't say anything negative about Saban cheating prior to the playoffs. That would be excuse making and rationalizing to make me feel better about my team losing. And if Harbaugh starts beating Meyer, I won't say anything negative about what he's doing.

I'll just say what I said when OSU was losing to other programs. I hope the team figures out a way to win.

Here's the difference in our comments. You said "nobody" wanted Miller as a QB. I didn't say that "every D1 School" wanted him, just the difficulty believing that "nobody" wanted him.

Regarding Clarett and Pryor trashing OSU, yes, there was some sour grapes on their behalf as OSU did exactly what all of you said OSU never does, cut them off and dismiss them from the team for their actions. Both players as they've matured have taken back those statements.
You're hurt that nobody wanted the china doll. We get it, you've made that clear. Time to move on.

Nope, never said anything negative about Meyer when he beat OSU in terms of integrity. I didn't say anything negative about Saban cheating prior to the playoffs. That would be excuse making and rationalizing to make me feel better about my team losing. And if Harbaugh starts beating Meyer, I won't say anything negative about what he's doing.

I'll just say what I said when OSU was losing to other programs. I hope the team figures out a way to win.
Just because you personally didn't say any disparaging remarks, doesn't mean there were none said. It was a war zone there for a while and there was a lot of dog piling.

Mind you, it may have had something to do with your guys laughing and thinking it was going to be a cakewalk. The blow back was intense.

You're hurt that nobody wanted the china doll. We get it, you've made that clear. Time to move on.

Not at hurt at all. Just making a counter point. I didn't start the thread, I didn't make Miller the focus of the thread. Nice response on your behalf though. You read my post, it doesn't offer you the comfort and security of an echo chamber, so you ask me to leave.

I get it. Some people can handle a discussion and some people can't.

Not at hurt at all. Just making a counter point. I didn't start the thread, I didn't make Miller the focus of the thread. Nice response on your behalf though. You read my post, it doesn't offer you the comfort and security of an echo chamber, so you ask me to leave.

Goodness, your little feelings are hurt. Didn't ask for or want any echo chamber, just want you to dry your eyes and get over Mr Fragile not being as in demand as you want. Again, don't be mad at me because the kid breaks easily.

Not to mention Michigan Man Les Miles already went on record that he would have loved to get a shot at recruiting Miller had he in fact chose to transfer

Not to mention Michigan Man Les Miles already went on record that he would have loved to get a shot at recruiting Miller had he in fact chose to transfer
Convincing proof there. I assume 1 coach making an offhand remark somehow equates to "every D1 school would take this kid tomorrow".

No, but it disproves the "he asked around and no one wanted him" theory
Um, no. Sorry. Why isn't he at LSU, then? My basic idea is that he looked around and didn't find much interest, rather than the absurd idea that every school in the country had a starting spot waiting for him. Keep trying.

Um, no. Sorry. Why isn't he at LSU, then? My basic idea is that he looked around and didn't find much interest, rather than the absurd idea that every school in the country had a starting spot waiting for him. Keep trying.

Point is you said no one wanted him. Les Miles goes on record that he would have loved to have him. If a premiere program like LSU wanted him, I'm sure there were several other landing spots.

I guess some kids just want to play for their current home state, national champion school.

Goodness, your little feelings are hurt. Didn't ask for or want any echo chamber, just want you to dry your eyes and get over Mr Fragile not being as in demand as you want. Again, don't be mad at me because the kid breaks easily.

No tears, no hurt. But seriously, do you have the mental aptitude to have a discussion without resorting to insults? If not, than I apologize for having a higher expectation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT