ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon new Toy's R Us CEO

Reading a few articles, it sounds like the guys who hired him don't really care about Brandon's ability to sell toys (shoot, Brandon has very little retailing experience).

It's all about Brandon positioning Toys R Us to go public. Something Brandon did do successfully at both Dominos and Valassis.

Anyway, not a bad landing spot for Brandon. He'll no doubt be getting some nice 8-digit-paychecks in the future.

Taking over a floundering retail dinosaur like Toys R Us is just perfect for Dave.

By the way, what exactly did he do to "position" Dominos to go public? What does that even mean, specifically? I think he's just in the CEO club where these guys continue to get high-paid jobs no matter what the results are. Just look at how terrible his communications skills were as AD at Michigan. I don't see how you get high up in an organization if you cannot communicate effectively. Makes no sense.

Reactions: scfanblue
Looks like the former AD has landed a new home. he will do well with products like Mattell.
As a long time Wolverine fan for its academics as well at sports, I find it hard to understand what showed intelligence in the hiring of Brandon. May be the same ones that as "Michigan Men" forced Rich Rod to leave and show his talent elsewhere.

As a long time Wolverine fan for its academics as well at sports, I find it hard to understand what showed intelligence in the hiring of Brandon. May be the same ones that as "Michigan Men" forced Rich Rod to leave and show his talent elsewhere.

Once again, please, in English.

Taking over a floundering retail dinosaur like Toys R Us is just perfect for Dave.

By the way, what exactly did he do to "position" Dominos to go public? What does that even mean, specifically? I think he's just in the CEO club where these guys continue to get high-paid jobs no matter what the results are. Just look at how terrible his communications skills were as AD at Michigan. I don't see how you get high up in an organization if you cannot communicate effectively. Makes no sense.

I could not agree more with this statement. This is a sickness in our culture and that is to promote the absolute worst into a position of leadership. Brandon was an arrogant, corporate turd and part of the obvious good old boy system. He has made millions selling his bs like a Tony Robbins which used to be on tv at 2am selling his "get ahead in life" techniques.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT