ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Blue Chips: Mother Of Five-Star DT Walter Nolen Talks Michigan

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Are you ready to put your career in your own hands? Adam Goldman can help! Adam is a member of TheWolverine.com and franchise veteran, having recently sold a franchise to a strategic buyer. Using his expertise, he helps others find their American Dream through a very thorough and FREE consultation process. Call Adam at 844-800-FRAN and put your life and career in your own hands.
Adam Goldman, Owner
FranchiseCoach.net
Email: agoldman@franchisecoach.net
DM: @FranchiseCoach

Here are tonight's Blue Chips...

I was recently in Memphis and had a chance to catch up with Yolunda Nolen, the mother of five-star 2022 Michigan defensive tackle target Walter Nolen, to get her thoughts on the Michigan program and more.

Here are some highlights from our interview.

On her overall thoughts on Michigan:

"I like the school. I have family there. My dad is from Detroit. It's a win for me if one of my boys chooses to go there. We have alumni in the family — a couple of aunts and cousins. We've been up there before. It's very diverse. The city is clean. I like the campus atmosphere. It would be a win for me."

On what she likes about the Michigan football program:

"I like the way they explained the training process and their workout regiment. I got to know a lot of the coaching staff over the Zoom calls. They seem like they are very down to earth. They enjoy their jobs. They want good kids to come in. They are trying to get back to being high profile like they used to be. I'm not an expert on football mechanics, but from talking to all these schools, Michigan is definitely one of my favorites. The education is great. (Walter) is interested in business. That stands out, too."

On their recent Michigan self-guided visit:

"It was nice. I like the campus. They've re-done a lot of the buildings since I went to campus when I was younger. It's really grown."

On what she wants to see on their Michigan official visit:

"I would like to meet some of the players and see what their lifestyle is like and what their routine is like. I want (Walter) to have an easy transition. It's already going to be stressful being on a new team away from home. I want him to have a good support system. I also want to see their learning resource area. We did it on a Zoom, but I would like to see it in person to know exactly what they have their hands on with as far as his education."

On what the most important factors are for her during the decision making process:

"As a mom, one is safety, two is education and three is a place where he's going to bloom or blossom into his highest level — football wise and education wise. On the football field, I'm hoping he has a defensive coach that's going to challenge him and force him to grow. He wants to go to the NFL, so he needs the right coaches to make that pot melt like it should. The other aspect of it is education. Sometimes, boys are playing on the team and when the season is over, they struggle in school. I need to know that he's going to have that support year round."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News