ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Blue Chips: Mother Of DB Commit Kody Jones Talks Michigan

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Are you ready to put your career in your own hands? Adam Goldman can help! Adam is a member of TheWolverine.com and franchise veteran, having recently sold a franchise to a strategic buyer. Using his expertise, he helps others find their American Dream through a very thorough and FREE consultation process. Call Adam at 844-800-FRAN and put your life and career in your own hands.
Adam Goldman, Owner
FranchiseCoach.net
Email: agoldman@franchisecoach.net
DM: @FranchiseCoach

Here are tonight's Blue Chips...

I recently caught up with Tangie Jones, mother of four-star Michigan defensive back commit Kody Jones, to get her thoughts on U-M. Here are some highlights from our interview.

On why Michigan was the right fit for the family:

"It was more about Kody. It was a great fit for Kody, and Michigan made him happy. I wanted him to be comfortable wherever he went. As long as he's able to get the education we want him to get, we were going to be fine with it. Kody made that decision. At first I didn't want him to go too far. I was like 'um, no.' But it was really about what was best for him. He decided yes, so we supported it."

On if she now feels more comfortable with Michigan:

"Yes. Coach Mo (Maurice Linguist) is so easy to talk to (laughs). He's always there if we have any questions. We can just pick up the phone and call him. That's helped out a lot. He's a people person. Kody is trying to teach me everything about Michigan. I'm always online researching. I love the academics. I'm big on that. I always told him 'if you can't do right in school, you can't hit the field.' Academics are big."

On what she wants to see on their official visit:

"I just want to see where he's going to be. I want to meet more people that he's going to be around when he gets there. I want to see the campus, too. We've never been there, so I don't really know what to expect once we get there. But I'm really excited about."

On getting to spend time with ex-Wolverine Deon Johnson, father of five-star commit Will Johnson:

"It was really cool to get to spend time with him and Will. I love the relationship that Will and Kody have developed. I feel more comfortable with Kody going there now because I got to meet Will and his dad. I feel like I can let him go. I feel like he has family there now."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News