ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Blue Chips: Joshua Josephs, Deone Walker, Quinshon Judkins, New Offers

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
*** Three-star Kennesaw (Ga.) North Cobb edge rusher Joshua Josephs is set to make his commitment on Oct. 1. This means Michigan has a chance to get Josephs back on campus next month and impress him with a strong start to the season. Michigan is making Josephs one of its top overall remaining priorities this cycle and moved up the list after its official visit last month. U-M remains a steady contender here but will have to overcome the allure of playing in the SEC. Both Auburn and Kentucky had him on campus last week, while Tennessee is continuing to make its run. Overall, it seems like Josephs' recruitment is still pretty open. Anyone can win out, including U-M.

*** With Dillon Bell off the board, Michigan is expanding its wide receiver board as well as looking at taking a second running back. Remember, Bell gave Michigan flexibility since he could play either position at the next level. As I hinted at a couple of weeks ago, Michigan is increasing its interest in three-star Pike Road (Ala.) High running back Quinshon Judkins. That was reaffirmed today as head coach Jim Harbaugh personally reached out to Judkins to give him an official offer. Judkins told me Michigan is in his top group and that he is looking to make an official visit in the fall. Judkins is high on SEC programs like Auburn, Florida and Ole Miss, which hosted him last week, but he also likes the idea of leaving the south (Judkins is a 4.0 student).

*** Four-star Detroit (Mich.) Cass Tech defensive tackle Deone Walker made his way back to Michigan for the BBQ at The Big House but left without giving the Wolverines a pledge or setting a date. Walker has been very fluid with his decision timeline. At one point, he wanted to make it on signing day. More recently, he talked about August. Now, I'm told that Walker is learning towards an October decision. Alabama just entered the mix and would like to get him on campus, while Georgia would love to get a return visit. If Walker does go with October, Michigan's start to the season will play a huge role here. Walker has already seen everything he's needed to see at U-M.

*** Michigan sent out a couple of new 2022 offers out West today — both in the secondary. Let's start off with Rivals250 Mission Hills (Calif.) Bishop Alemany prospect Ephesians Prysock. Michigan hosted Prysock for a visit over the weekend and made a big impression. Prysock got plenty of 1-on-1 time with Steve Clinkscale and also bonded with Courtney Morgan, who knows those around Prysock's recruitment. Prysock was pretty candid with me tonight and told me that a decent amount of options have backed off. Michigan is very much under serious consideration and will likely get an OV next month. Michigan also offered three-star Fresno (Calif.) San Joaquin Memorial athlete TJ Hall at safety today. Hall just committed to Washington yesterday, but Morgan recruited him at Fresno State. We'll see if he can convince Hall to make his way to campus next month.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News