ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Chips: Jayden Thomas, Cristian Dixon, Tristan Bounds

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Here are tonight's Blue Chips...

*** I did some digging on four-star Atlanta (Ga.) Pace Academy wide receiver Jayden Thomas. Michigan was listed as the No. 1 contender for Thomas by Rivals national this week, but I would respectfully disagree with that right now. There is definitely optimism around Ann Arbor, and the Wolverines have continued to make him a top target at the position. However, I don't feel like the Wolverines lead here, and I don't think there is a feeling around the program that they do. I would temper expectations for now.

*** With that said, Michigan is a very realistic landing spot for Thomas. The Wolverines just need to keep plucking away. Thomas has had some good, recent conversations with offensive coordinator Josh Gattis, and I believe U-M is in a strong position to receive an official visit after the dead period. Thomas wants to play baseball at the next level, and the Michigan baseball staff has been in contact with him as well, which is a plus. Arkansas and Notre Dame are two others to really know in this race. Georgia doesn't seem to be pushing too hard for now. This one is pretty open. It's more of a wait and see recruitment. But I do like where U-M stands — just not necessarily as an outright leader.

*** Michigan is trending the right way for Rivals250 Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei wide receiver Cristian Dixon. There is growing optimism around Ann Arbor, and I believe U-M will get an official visit from him after the dead period. The aforementioned Gattis was just on the line with Dixon a couple of days ago. I do believe that Cal is in the lead right now. It's closer to home and offers high-level academics. However, Dixon is really intrigued by Michigan, and I think it's safe to say U-M is in second place right now.

*** Michigan offensive line coach Ed Warinner was back on the line with three-star Wallingford (Conn.) Choate Rosemary Hall offensive tackle Tristan Bounds earlier today. I still feel like this is a Michigan-Virginia battle with Notre Dame and Texas in the mix as well. Bounds has a strong relationship with Warinner and loves what Michigan has to offer. He just hasn't visited. Bounds is from the DMV and has been to Virginia, which scares me. A decision could come in the near future. He is definitely a take for U-M.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News