ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Blue Chips: Bryce Anderson, Jaden Mangham, Malik Agbo, More

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Are you ready to put your career in your own hands? Adam Goldman can help! Adam is a member of TheWolverine.com and franchise veteran, having recently sold a franchise to a strategic buyer. Using his expertise, he helps others find their American Dream through a very thorough and FREE consultation process. Call Adam at 844-800-FRAN and put your life and career in your own hands.
Adam Goldman, Owner
FranchiseCoach.net
Email: agoldman@franchisecoach.net
DM: @FranchiseCoach

Here are tonight's Blue Chips...

*** I was supposed to spend some time with Rivals100 Beaumont (Texas) West Brook safety Bryce Anderson at this weekend's Pylon New Orleans tournament. Of course, that got rained out, so my plans fell through. Still, I was able to exchange some messages with Anderson, and he told me that he looking to set up an official visit to Michigan soon. The Wolverines are still in play in this recruitment. Remember, Anderson has a long-time relationship with new co-defensive coordinator Maurice Linguist, who recruited him at Texas A&M. Still, Anderson is going to be a tough pull from the south. Texas is considered the favorite, and Texas A&M is set to get an OV on June 4. The only other official visit Anderson has set is to USC on June 11.

*** Michigan's wide receiver board has been tough to sort out, especially with Ron Bellamy moving over to safeties and offensive coordinator Josh Gattis locked in with spring ball. With that said, the Wolverines are looking to make a move with four-star 2022 Birmingham (Mich.) Groves athlete Jaden Mangham. Right now, Mangham only has official visits scheduled to West Virginia and Georgia Tech. However, he is looking to get to Michigan in the near future and told me he has good relationships with both Bellamy and Gattis. I know Bellamy was doing a really good job with Mangham when he was briefly recruiting the wide outs. Overall, Mangham seems pretty open. Keep in mind that he's not a true in-state kid as he's originally from Texas — I actually covered his older brother, Jaren, when the Texas Longhorns were after him because of his ties to the Lone Star State. By the way, Mangham is my guest on this week's podcast. Look for it tomorrow.

*** Rivals250 Federal Way (Wash.) Todd Beamer offensive tackle Malik Agbo named Michigan in his Top 12 this weekend. New Michigan offensive line coach Sherrone Moore has been keeping in regular contact with Agbo and is making him a priority upfront. Agbo is open to leaving the Pacific Northwest and values what Michigan has to offer on and off the field (he has a 3.7 GPA). Agbo is in the process of setting up official visits and will see Oklahoma on June 18. LSU will also get a trip. Right now, I would say those are the two schools leading the pack. But there is room for Michigan to become a true player. Moore is quietly doing a great job here.

*** Very quickly, there hasn't been much to report on Rivals100 safety Keon Sabb because there just hasn't been much movement since Michigan re-offered. I would label the Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy product as a long shot Despite being from the Northeast, it looks like Sabb wants to play in the south. Michigan re-engaged with Rivals100 Frisco (Texas) Liberty wide receiver Evan Stewart but created no movement. The Wolverines did not make his Top 8 this weekend. Three-star Dearborn (Mich.) Fordson offensive lineman Ka'Marii Landers released a Top 2 of Michigan State and Kentucky. Michigan hasn't been actively recruiting him for a while.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News