ADVERTISEMENT

Beilein is ten times the coach Izzo is and front

maelfan

All-League
Aug 7, 2014
Running MSU'S team and their fans should feel embarrassed having to be so excited to beat this piece meal team.

It's not over yet.

And, yes, Beilein is a much superior coach as this stage.

As a Spartan, I have to admit Beilein is the better game coach. Izzo is not getting the recruits he once did. Davis coming next year might reverse it, but he's becoming DePaul's Ray Meyer to some of us. I love the guy. Even starting to look like him. He had done as much for MSU ad anyone in its history, but his sun is slowly setting. Hopefully, he brings it in for a nice soft landing. Nobody wants to see a crash.

Izzo may have lost his edge. His team lacks consistency and he's clearly been outcoached by Miles, Brey, and Beilein in games. All decent coaches but none will ever be in the college BB Hall of Fame.

Belein is a fine coach...but can't compare to what Izzo has done..just look at the records...BTW Izzo was one game away from another final four and if Jabari Parker would have come it would have been another national title...Belien is great I agree.,..but I'm not sure why so many Michigan fans hate Izzo...should so SOME respect at least..

Beilein does more with less than any coach around. It's amazing that this year's team is competitive in the Big 10 with all the losses from last year, and injuries this year to his two best players.

On the recruiting front: Why no players signed for next year?

The Balas disliking of Izzo is due to the last couple of years. He's always given him credit for his coaching success (still does matter of fact).

But the excuses after every loss to UM, the whining over his injuries (then when no Walton or Levert he scoffs), and his poor sportsmanship have pushed him and many others over the top. The comments about Levert probably pushed him over the top. Just ridiculous to say publicly that he was happy a great player (and better kid) like Levert got hurt. And just two days ago he throws Trice under the bus. That's his senior pg. And this isn't a one time thing (Appling too tired). No looks in the mirror always pointing the finger at something or someone else.

He was a great sport when his teams won.

There is no need to put Izzo down to say that Beilein is a great coach, and probably a better one at this stage of the game.

Izzo has a great record with all those conference championships and final fours. No one can argue about that. As of now, it's not clear if he is slipping as a coach, or if he just slacked off on recruiting the past couple of years. If the latter, he may be back before we know it.

Not knocking Tom Izzo, but Beilein is very impressive in the way he develops players and designs strategies to get the max out of them.

Originally posted by 24to12:
There is no need to put Izzo down to say that Beilein is a great coach, and probably a better one at this stage of the game.
Nobody should put Izzo down. He's a good coach. He used to get better results, but nobody would sanely argue he's a bad coach. He's just not been as good as Beilein has the last few years. No shame in that.

Tom Izzo is a very good coach. Calling him great is ridiculous. Saying JB..

is ten times the coach Izzo is, which is the truth, is not putting down Izzo. Izzo is a very good coach. Just not as good as Beilein.

Well, after the first week of the NCAA's and his team in the Sweet 16, maybe JB only 5 times the coach of Izzo.

Originally posted by 24to12:
Well, after the first week of the NCAA's and his team in the Sweet 16, maybe JB only 5 times the coach of Izzo.
he did rack up a nice win over a bad Georgia team (no wins over ranked opponents this season) and a nice upset of a Virginia team that faltered down the stretch (2-3 in last 5 games with only wins over FSU and Belmont).

Beating Oklahoma will probably be a little tougher as they have quite a few big wins this year

Maybe, but his team is still playing, and most everyone else is done for the season.

Izzo has earned the title of best coach but I'll take JB every time.
This post was edited on 3/25 6:13 PM by guestavo

John Beilein is a great coach, but Izzo is making all of us eat a little crow right now.

Why don't we just admit that both Izzo and Beilein are great coaches but in different ways. Izzo has the great record with the 2000 championship and the several FF appearances and B1G championships. Beilein has the ability to find "diamonds in the rough" and develop them into great players during the time they are here, and then he sends them on their way to the NBA or the European league. However, he doesn't have as great a record as Izzo yet. I will take Beilein every day and twice on Sunday as our coach, though. I couldn't be happier with Beilein as our head BB coach. On and off the court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT