ADVERTISEMENT

Before reading this, take into account the source of this conspiracy theory…

argus99

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2004
Newtown, PA
Now, I’ve had this thought in my brain since Michigan beat Alabama and I became convinced that it was over, that there was no way Michigan would lose the championship game..so sure I placed a 4 legger parlay that paid out a respectable profit.

What triggered this strange thought was John Harbaugh arriving late to the game after a nightmare trip to get to Houston. Here he was, with the No. 1 seed and favorite powerhouse Ravens 2 weeks from the closest John has been to a 2nd Lombardi in a decade, and yet he wouldn’t have missed his brother’s coronation win in a million years.

Then I thought about John being in Baltimore for 16 years while the whole Harbaugh clan celebrated on the field together. As his parents are now in their 80s, I’m sure he has regrets about not being around much as they enter the home stretch of life. I know it would bother me greatly.

Then, thinking Jim is definitely off to win the championship that slipped from his hands, what if the Ravens just tear through the playoffs and win the Super Bowl in legendary fashion. I thought, maybe Jim and John have something planned out.

Maybe they made a brother’s agreement before both seasons started. It was national championship or bust for Jim..this was his best team ever and he knew they were not going to be stopped at the gates. Same for John, his Ravens this year are better than the team he beat Jim with for his 1st Lombardi. He was confident that this was the Ravens year, and after 16 years, he had nothing left to prove in the League.

Then it was clear..Could they have made a “It’s your turn to take care of Mom and Dad” agreement where John comes to A2 to be HC and be close to his parents in their twilight years? Hell…it might be probable. My sister and I made such an agreement and many of my fellow Gen X friends are making those same type of deals. It’s so real for every family.

Man…I don’t know anything. We just went through 3 hard ass weeks with my mother before her passing her tests and being ok-ed for that new Alzheimer’s drug that stops the progression of the disease..giving her another decade or more to live. We are elated here. This is the crapshoot and reality of the human condition. Tough decisions and sacrifices must be made.

That’s why I can’t rule out the theory as just fantasy. I look at the variables involved and I can’t dismiss it by probability. I’m the same age as those guys making the same decisions …don’t be surprised if the scenario I’ve proposed here comes true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News