ADVERTISEMENT

Any current/former Nissan folks here? GITT please

Hiesman84

All-League
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2002
Bought an Altima 2.5S new in 2007. Normally I buy low mile used cars, but this was a young marriage exception. Wife chose it at the time, I wasn't thrilled. Turned out to be the best car I ever owned. ZERO problems. But at 190,000 miles, it met its demise recently in a chain reaction accident.

I was NOT prepped to be car shopping.

What I'm finding with research is I was in the MINORITY to have not had trouble with the CVT. It seems like ALL Altimas or Rogues just eat those things. Every site I go to is full of CVT complaints.

I was really starting to like the idea of getting a Rogue. But I am terrified of CVT issues. Seems like a huge problem in ANY year. And we have an ongoing issue with the trans in our Ford Escape so I'm extra concerned about trans issues right now.

Anyone have any comments on the Nissan CVT? Is it as crappy as reviews would indicate? Was I that lucky?

Edit: looking further at the Rogue, seems like a lot of the issues are "driving over an hour, hot summer, hills/incline" common theme, like they lack proper cooling? This would actually be a big issue for me if true due to summer travel.

Thoughts?

Reactions: VinceBean
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News