ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama OC Leaving and the BAMA RB Scarborough-Najee Harris

Hoping that Kiffin leaving and the emergence of Bo Scarborough at RB may have an impact on Harris' decision to play in Ann Arbor- he can play right away.
We haven't even seen Kareem Walker run for us yet...maybe no one plays after he touches the field . He was after all the #1 RB in the country

I cannot wait to see an explosive RB. Michigan has not had one since Mike Hart. I am very glad to see Smith graduate. Even last night, he did have some creases, however, he is more of a fullback type because he ZERO vision.

Reactions: blue-boy
Read on another site that Harris isn't a speed back, don't care if he can read his keys and blocks, shows the vision and has Smith's toughness. Also read that K Walker might still be suffering from some previous injuries he had in HS. Definitely need someone to step up though we need a huge improvement from the o-line.

Reactions: candid
I cannot wait to see an explosive RB. Michigan has not had one since Mike Hart. I am very glad to see Smith graduate. Even last night, he did have some creases, however, he is more of a fullback type because he ZERO vision.
I have found myself several times muttering or yelling at the screen when he's running and misses the hole that's actually there

Najee is the protoypical big bruising back that Bama loves to run in their system...he isn't the fastest at 4.6 to 4.7, and he isn't a shifty hole hitter/accelerator...but he is a load to bring down with their offensive line paving the way.

He fits their system so well that I can't see him going anywhere else.

Reactions: blue-boy
I never thought Hart was "explosive". He was a road grater type of back who always had more yards than he should have after touch, but he certainly didn't have the speed.

I never thought Hart was "explosive". He was a road grater type of back who always had more yards than he should have after touch, but he certainly didn't have the speed.
Mike Hart had many 20+ yard gains due to his wiggle and quickness. He would always get caught, but he had a lot of big chunk gainers...

Not sure if Najee is coming, but anything will be an improvement on Deveon Smith running behind Poggi.

I agree. If you look at a number of those recruits in that class like Smith, many of them were not offered by Ohio State after playing in the state of Ohio. Not good for a player to not be offered in their home state. We did have some that were offered by OSU including Smith but he would have never seen the field in Columbus. Hoke did a ton of recruiting with players that were Bowling Green types even though he did land some big fish recruits. Then, him and his coaching staff NEVER developed any of the players which all of us know about which had its final effect in the Orange Bowl

Last edited:
According to Harris his communication with Kiffin was minimal. Will have no impact on his decision.
If this dude comes to Michigan I will be Amaized!! Seems like a Bama heir apparent to me. Damien Harris & Scarborough with both be Juniors when Harris steps on the turf next fall. Good chance 1 or both will be gone after N. Harris' freshman season.

Can't fault him if he goes to Bama. He will get some PT his freshmen year with 2 RBs already in the fold and then by the time he is a Sophomore he will be starting and likely get 2 full years behind a studly O-line. Bama is a RB factory the same way Miami used to be and seems like OSU as of late. Perfect situation for Harris in Bama with little wear and tear on his body as well and a school that can crank them out.

Michigan on the other hand is a bit risky. Our O-line is shaky at best and may take another 2 years before it improves but if he comes I imagine he automatically moves up to #2 on the depth chart potentially. Only thing Michigan has going for us is his relationship with JH.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT