ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Additional intel on the injury situation 9/21

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
Again, I am not going to be giving out names or anything until it becomes apparent (whether it's Saturday or other means).

Here's what it comes down to: Get the surgery and shut it down OR elect to not take the surgery and play through it. Both are, currently, viable options that the player is considering. Michigan is recommending the surgery vs. the player wanting to explore other avenues before deciding to shut it down.

The medical redshirt option is still on the table IF this player decides to shut it down.

This is my opinion only, a player with NFL aspirations would rather play through it than risk draft status, compared to shutting it down and proving it on the field in the collegiate ranks the following season, which COULD be the outcome if the shutting it down option ends up happening.

Now, whether this player plays this weekend remains to be seen. I just don't know what's going to happen and that is what I'm trying to find out currently. Does this player, hypothetically, rest for a few games and then decide to play through it? Does this player just play through pain regardless?

We'll see and we may very well not get answers at all this weekend. It's a precarious situation that I can't speak about too in-depth. It's a very sensitive issue with sources VERY close to the situation that I cannot damage their trust.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News