ADVERTISEMENT

Academics OT: To the Denizens of Michigan’s Academia Culture…this will crack up the old crowd..

argus99

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2004
Newtown, PA
I have a lot of regret of blowing up my career over an accusation of another student of plagiarism where I had the goods and was supported by professors and other grad students alike, yet I lost because the school chose the money of the accused over the merit of my hardwork that was stolen and used verbatim. I’m sure most of you have seen my unique writing style that no sane person can replicate. It was blatantly obvious and yet I was denied justice. I quit the program on the spot, with only my thesis presentation and defense to finish for my degree. I often wonder how different things might have been if I played the game and didn’t make waves. I know for sure I would have published frequently. I lost my love for writing after that day, and in 25 years I’ve only contributed in 3 book projects. I’m doing pretty well in my new found job of contract work doing primary data mining and writing a 10,000 word (about 20 pages) report with an analytical summation and prediction of the future trends related to the research. I get to break some rules by obtaining information a basic “restricted“ clearance is not supposed to see. Still, I viewed the world of Academia as my true calling..

That is until I found and started reading the posts on this posting board..lol. Is it really like the topics say it is these days? Well then it’s a good thing I never went back because there were 3 threads on the 1sr page I would have shot a dude in the face from the shite being pulled today. Dear Lucifer…society is dumbing down at an alarming rate.

Anyway..if you want to spend an hour laughing your ass off one moment and shaking your head in disbelief the next, here is the link:

https://academia.stackexchange.com/

Cheers! - Argus

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News