ADVERTISEMENT

A couple things I’d like to see tomorrow…

Anison

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2001
Beyond a 5 TD Michigan win and no injuries, I’d like to see…

- The defense show it can handle the hurry-up. For as great as the D was last year, it struggled mightily to get lined up and organized when offenses went “jet” speed. Harbaugh naming about 14 defensive starters tells me the D remains rooted in down/distance personnel packages. Is “jet” going to continue to be an issue? Gotta think CSU will try to find out.

- Donovan Edwards running between the tackles. He’s a fantastic edge rusher and pass catcher; adding some film of Edwards successfully running between the tackles will completely throw off opposing defenses and how they prepare for him.

- Defensive back depth. Stopping an air raid offense is typically done with a “3-3-3” defense (yes, including the dreaded 3-3-5) using 5 or even 6 defensive backs. Do we have enough depth to get the job done? Does Michael Barrett play a “special” role in defending what they will face tomorrow? Will Johnson is gonna make a freshman mistake or two against this offense; how resilient is he?

Those are a few of my non-statistical viewing interests tomorrow. How about yours?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News