ADVERTISEMENT

65 Years ago this weekend, I graduated

mich56

All-League
Jun 25, 2001
Oklahoma
from the University of Michigan with a BBA in Marketing from the School of Business. At that time there were about 15 women in my business school year, and I was basically the only gal in almost all of my classes. My mother, class of 1928, was not even allowed to enroll in the Business School, and she ended up with an Economics degree from LS&A. Those many business classes I took were the reason I become such a "sports freak" as I needed to have something about which I could visit with all of the men in my classes. I have followed lots of Michigan sports teams over the years. Ross J. Wilhelm, Marketing, C.J. Pilcher, Finance and G.O. Dykstra, Business Law, were always kind to the women in their classes, unlike so many other professors who shall remain nameless.

It was fun to "break the glass ceiling" for the hundreds of women who would follow over the years with outstanding success in the Business School. Amazing how things have changed at Michigan and everywhere else in the past 65 years. I loved every minute on the Michigan campus and wish everyone well in whatever degree they pursued from this great University!

Go Blue, Always!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News