ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling adds a legacy commit (and some good Super 32 results for U-M recruits) …

Ryan_Tice

Heisman
Staff
May 26, 2009
Michigan wrestling added another commit last night, Cameron Catrabone, he's a legacy recruit as his dad, Jeff, also wrestled at Michigan (three-time All-American, three-time Big Ten finalist and two-time captain). The Buffalo, N.Y., area (Williamsville) native is coming off a third-place finish at Super 32, which is one of the most prestigious folkstyle tournaments around, and that's really impressive because he's a 2024 recruit (sophomore).

That performance rocketed him up the rankings from outside the top 20 to No. 3 at 132 pounds per FloWrestling. He's the top-ranked 2024 recruit in his weight class. The only guy that beat him is a senior who is ranked fourth nationally at the weight, and Catrabone got him in consolations and beat him 10-2 after losing 6-4 in the round of 16. To give you an idea of how big and tough that tourney is, Catrabone went 10-1.

Also at Super 32 this past weekend, commit Rylan Rogers won the 195-pound weight class. That helped him break into FloWrestling's pound-for-pound ranks, debuting at No. 20 nationally (all weights, all classes). Flo also ranks him fifth nationally at 195 (I don't think any of the guys ahead of him competed at Super 32). Rogers is a senior this year.

Pretty incredible scramble here:

Finally, I don't know if I talked about this commit yet, but passing it along as well as a new addition.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News