ADVERTISEMENT

Wow...we lost

ecrosswhite

Sophomore
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2016
We are not competitive team with the Top football powerhouse schools. We looked out of out league.

The score didn’t reflect how horrible we really played. Our QB questions now answered with a fumble an interception and no passing TD. Our offense line questions answered with no 100 yard rusher, three sacks and over a dozen hurries allowed all game

I’m so sad and embarrassed for them

I really don't think Patterson was bad at all...

20/30 227 .. both of his turnovers were a result of the OL getting beat like a drum. It's just the law of averages. You can't continue to make positive plays under that type of pressure. Eventually the D is gonna get one or two.

This game was lost because we were ill prepared on D in the first half and the combination of play calling and OL play was abysmal.

We are not competitive team with the Top football powerhouse schools. We looked out of out league.

The score didn’t reflect how horrible we really played. Our QB questions now answered with a fumble an interception and no passing TD. Our offense line questions answered with no 100 yard rusher, three sacks and over a dozen hurries allowed all game

Irish fan here. Disagree with you. Yes overall Notre Dame I think was a little better but you are absolutely wrong about your QB and the Michigan team. Michigan is a good team. And Patterson is a good QB. He played much better than he played last year at Ole Miss. His mistakes are within the range of the situation. No QB will be error free. In that interception he was in a bad situation before he threw it. The fumble he was under tremendous pressure like he was the whole night. Just like Wimbush was when your D was out there. Your team will beat good team. I was impressed with them. The Offense needs to jell a little bit.

Irish fan here. Disagree with you. Yes overall Notre Dame I think was a little better but you are absolutely wrong about your QB and the Michigan team. Michigan is a good team. And Patterson is a good QB. He played much better than he played last year at Ole Miss. His mistakes are within the range of the situation. No QB will be error free. In that interception he was in a bad situation before he threw it. The fumble he was under tremendous pressure like he was the whole night. Just like Wimbush was when your D was out there. Your team will beat good team. I was impressed with them. The Offense needs to jell a little bit.

I agree in part.. I think UM has a ton of talent. I also think Patterson is a good QB and his errors were more a symptom of the OL play than anything. However, our ceiling is tied to this coaching staff's ability to prepare and game plan. Given an entire off season to be ready for this game that was a dreadful performance and it doesn't give me much confidence going forward.

Last edited:
Irish fan here.

The only positive for O that I can give is that Higdon ran very hard. ND’s front 7 is very good this year so your offense line can and likely will improve some over the coming weeks.

Your D front 7 is outstanding and is the only reason this game was close in the end. Really love the tenacity of Winovich. With a D like that your O will have a few weeks to grow.

Hope all your players came out of the game healthy and good luck vs OSU(don’t like those guys).

I agree in part.. I think UM has a ton of talent. I also think Patterson is a good QB and his errors were more a symptom of the OL play than anything. However, our ceiling is tied to this coaching staff's ability to prepare and game plan. Given an entire off season to be ready for this game that was a dreadful performance and it doesn't give much a lot confidence going forward.

It is hard for me to believe that Harbaugh is not good coach or he is average. That said Kelly gets the same critique from his fan base. 10 years and 1 championship game and bad decisions at which assistance he would chose at times. i.e. Brian Van Gorder. I think Brown is a tremendous coach, Ed Wariner was a terrific O-line Coach at Notre Dame and OSU. Your offense is much better than last year. look at me I am defending UM LOL. I think for both the Irish and UM playing a tough game without getting your offenses to gel early does not help. You needed to play a couple of weak teams that we both play before meeting. uM's 0-line needs some work you can see that. that is why playing some weaker teams first helps. They build that unity an o-line needs and they develop confidence both are needed on the UM offense. But the D is tremendous.

Th
It is hard for me to believe that Harbaugh is not good coach or he is average. That said Kelly gets the same critique from his fan base. 10 years and 1 championship game and bad decisions at which assistance he would chose at times. i.e. Brian Van Gorder. I think Brown is a tremendous coach, Ed Wariner was a terrific O-line Coach at Notre Dame and OSU. Your offense is much better than last year. look at me I am defending UM LOL. I think for both the Irish and UM playing a tough game without getting your offenses to gel early does not help. You needed to play a couple of weak teams that we both play before meeting. uM's 0-line needs some work you can see that. that is why playing some weaker teams first helps. They build that unity an o-line needs and they develop confidence both are needed on the UM offense. But the D is tremendous.
Well thanks for the encouragement, but I'm starting to sour on Harbaugh, he hasn't shown me he can get his team ready to play. He had all spring and summer to get this team ready to play this game.He had film on ND, he knew what to expect. All these o linemen that we have, every one of them were recruited by most of the top colleges and still we can't get them to block with consistency. The game calling was not good. Maybe he should get an OC with a defferant style. Let Pep Hamilton go, he ain't showed me much. Lets face it, Rich Rod and Brady could get oline to block somebody. Harbaugh won 20 games with Brady's recriuts.

Reactions: ecrosswhite
Appreciate the encouragement from the Irish fans but we couldn't block last year and it sure doesn't look like it improved at all during the offseason. I'm shocked Patterson was able to be 20/30 for 220 yds. He didn't have a clean pocket all night.

not trolling, just a fact. no identity, couldn't make up there mind on how to attack.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT