ADVERTISEMENT

Wow! BYU is going to give us trouble too.

Code Blue

All-American
May 30, 2001
Watching BYU give Nebraska all they can handle. I hope that our secondary play improves greatly by week 4 or else they will score at will.

first of all, I would expect more from an experienced head coach than demonstrated today. Second I'd inside-out #10 in a Hail Mary situation. Third they say that a team's most improvement comes after game #1 so we'll see if that axiom continues to hold true.

I expected BYU to potentially beat us - Hill is one heck of a QB but without him they are just not the same team. Home game, we should prevail.

Reactions: wolverines74
first of all, I would expect more from an experienced head coach than demonstrated today. Second I'd inside-out #10 in a Hail Mary situation. Third they say that a team's most improvement comes after game #1 so we'll see if that axiom continues to hold true.
Three defenders on that receiver - ALL from behind. And dragging him into the endzone to boot. Terrible.

Reactions: psute
I expected BYU to potentially beat us - Hill is one heck of a QB but without him they are just not the same team. Home game, we should prevail.

Nebraska was depleted. BYU is gonna get run out of the Big House. I fear Minny, Sparty and the Bucknuts. No excuse to lose any other game on the schedule.

Nebraska was depleted. BYU is gonna get run out of the Big House. I fear Minny, Sparty and the Bucknuts. No excuse to lose any other game on the schedule.

You still feel that way after the Utah game? I think you'll be surprised to see that BYU has the better team (as compared to Utah)

You still feel that way after the Utah game? I think you'll be surprised to see that BYU has the better team (as compared to Utah)

Lol at the Domer. Yes I still feel that way after the Utah game. Why wouldn't i? And you're as gullible as Manti T'eo if you think BYU without their QB playing in Ann Arbor is a better team or a tougher game than playing Utah in SLC. What a ridiculous comment.

Utah would beat Texas by at least 4 TD's on their field. So don't go beating your chest over that win (and Virginia is worse then Texas).
And to think ND dropped UM so they could play those god awful teams.

Lol at the Domer. Yes I still feel that way after the Utah game. Why wouldn't i? And you're as gullible as Manti T'eo if you think BYU without their QB playing in Ann Arbor is a better team or a tougher game than playing Utah in SLC. What a ridiculous comment.

Ridiculous comment? Apparently I'm not the only one who believes Utah and BYU are comparable. As of yesterday, they were separated by about five places in the AP and Coaches polls. And its hard to tell how that compares to their perception of Mich right now, since it didn't garner a single top 25 vote in either poll.

Utah would beat Texas by at least 4 TD's on their field. So don't go beating your chest over that win (and Virginia is worse then Texas).
And to think ND dropped UM so they could play those god awful teams.

No one is talking about ND's win over Texas in this thread but you. So if what I posted seems like "beating (my) chest over that win" to you, it's rooted in your own insecurities.

But since you brought it up, the consensus among ND followers going into the Texas game was that Texas would be - at best - about the 5th or 6th best team on ND's schedule this year. As it turns out, even that may be giving them too much credit. So no one is doing backflips over the win. There will be plenty of chances to show well against better competition if ND turns out to have a good team this year.

Last edited:
No one is talking about ND's win over Texas in this thread but you. So if what I posted seems like "beating (my) chest over that win" to you, it's rooted in your own insecurities.

But since you brought it up, the consensus among ND followers going into the Texas game was that Texas would be - at best - about the 5th or 6th best team on ND's schedule this year. As it turns out, even that may be giving them too much credit. So no one is doing backflips over the win. There will be plenty of chances to show well against better competition if ND turns out to have a good team this year.

Actually, last season ND poster's were saying that adding Texas and dropping UM & MSU would give them a better strength of schedule. After that showing,
their SOS just dropped about 10 spots and Virginia will only make it worse.

Actually, last season ND poster's were saying that adding Texas and dropping UM & MSU would give them a better strength of schedule. After that showing,
their SOS just dropped about 10 spots and Virginia will only make it worse.

Actually, ND will be playing Georgia and OSU, to replace the absence of UM. ND plays MSU next year. It is because of your dumb ass previous AD why the series ended. Hence the reason why the ND/UM series will return, as talks have already started. Utah would not beat Texas by 4 TD's either.

Actually, ND will be playing Georgia and OSU, to replace the absence of UM. ND plays MSU next year. It is because of your dumb ass previous AD why the series ended. Hence the reason why the ND/UM series will return, as talks have already started. Utah would not beat Texas by 4 TD's either.

Your right, they would beat Texas by 5 TD's.

Maybe so...
However, their second team QB was the third ranked pro style QB in the country coming out of high school. He's a freshman, but a very mature freshman at 22. (He just spent 2 years on a Mormon mission.)
If he was at Michigan, he would probably be starting.
Don't take BYU lightly.

Last edited:
We will struggle with: BYU and NW and could lose either
We will lose to: Minn, MSU & OSU
Still seeing 7-5 no matter how much a squint......

the BYU game will be interesting because they're a smash mouth style offense, too. I don't believe UM's defense is as good as vs. OSU in the 2nd half but who knows. I'll be at the Rose Bowl next week to see if BYU is good vs. UCLA.

Well they play smash mouth football but their secondary is suspect. The BYU game will boil down to Ruddock's ability to thread the needle with his passes. If he is on, we will win that game, otherwise it will be a long day. They front is formidable so our secondary will also have to show up and not let those small screens kill them. This will be their QBs biggest game on the biggest stage and on the road. I expect a dogfight but I like us in that game, just slightly.

As for our defense in the 2nd half - I think we are good but not as good as we played in the 2nd half...OSU had true frosh as QBs and the jitters finally caught up with them.

So far though, regardless of our record the thing I have liked the most is the ability of our offense to adjust in the 2nd half and get a better push. Our O-line looked a tad bit better yesterday however we are still missing a home run hitter on offense. Even with their defense tired, we could not muster greater then 10 yard runs...our RBs just don't have the speed or vision to go into their 2nd gear and break one. I want to see us take a few to the house - yet to do that so far but we are only 2 games in. Also, turnover battle is still concerning to me. We are -3 for the season which is a trend we need to reverse against teams like BYU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT