ADVERTISEMENT

Wolverines caught in bad line change leads to Spartan breakaway...

Puckhead

All-American
Jun 4, 2001
the end result is a Spartan goal and a 1-0 MSU lead. Spartan players first ever goal (sophomore); he is a defenseman.

With 1:28 to play in first period Shuart feeds Dancs in front of the net and Dancs finishes it off, game now tied at one.

Marody scores a power play goal in the first two minutes of the second period, Michigan now in the lead 2-1

Michigan now in the lead 3-1 as Downing finds the back of the net for Michigan's second score of the period. Flood warnings at Yost Arena

Michigan's third goal has been officially scored for Shuart who tipped it right in front of the net.

Werenski scores Michigan's second power play goal of the period, now 4-1 Michigan

With just over 9 minutes to play in second, it's Michigan 4, Michigan State 1

Motte adds another and Michigan leads 5-1. How long can Hildebrand last tonight.

Michigan State gets one back with a shot from the high slot, makes it 5-2 Michigan

Spartans score a power play goal with 38 seconds to go in second, score now 5-3 Michigan

Connor finds the back of the open net, makes it 6-3 Michigan with around 2 minutes to play

That's a final, Michigan 6, Michigan State 3. Michigan sweeps the weekend and makes up some ground on PSU who lost to Minnesota earlier today.

I know sparty is no good but it's still a rivalry game. I'm very impressed by all 3 phases of UM's game, O, D and G. The PP and PK have been very good as well. I'm pretty excited about this team going forward. I think the playoffs are certainly doable. They just need to avoid the losses to some crummy teams that have bit them in the past.

I know sparty is no good but it's still a rivalry game. I'm very impressed by all 3 phases of UM's game, O, D and G. The PP and PK have been very good as well. I'm pretty excited about this team going forward. I think the playoffs are certainly doable. They just need to avoid the losses to some crummy teams that have bit them in the past.

Which is what they did last night - avoided a bad loss. Do it again against OSU next weekend.

Reactions: clevelandcane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT