ADVERTISEMENT

Will national media ever respect MSU? Cumulative headlines all over read

maelfan

All-League
Aug 7, 2014
”terrible day for the big ten”. Yes, maybe a bad day for OSU and PSU but like it or not, although their loss last week was bad, MSUs story this year is pretty impressive.

And a 10-2 MSU could play a 12-0 Wisconsin in Indy if both win out.

I don't think OSU is gonna play that bad next week at home.. I also don't think MSU is going to play that good at the shoe..

”terrible day for the big ten”. Yes, maybe a bad day for OSU and PSU but like it or not, although their loss last week was bad, MSUs story this year is pretty impressive.

And a 10-2 MSU could play a 12-0 Wisconsin in Indy if both win out.
It does seem like national pundents live in the past (way past). Even the broadcasters tend to not know much about the teams they cover. You would think that the national college football media would know each teams recent and relative past. It is just not the case. MSU was an 11 win program from 2010-2015. Then one bad season happens and most of the media thinks it is the 1970's again. It takes a long time to turn perspctive I guess.

Maybe had you taken care of business against Northwestern, and didn't need the refs to bail you out once again on the bs late hit vs pSU the respect would be there,

MSU has been lucky so far Both the td's they scored on us were giving to them by the refs, guy running out of bounds yet no ones sees him, pf call on bush which should of been on msu that gave them a first down instead of a fg from somewhere around the 22, they missed a couple take downs (huge holds)on both td drives. yet our big play td was called back for holding(either call them or dont)

penn st with a ton of key drops, one late in the game with a few minutes to go at msu 30 on 4th down that would of sealed the game. A freaking late hit on their qb after psu stopped them and they would of had to punt turns into the game winning fg.

with fair even officiating no way msu beats harbaugh even once.

GO BUCKS!!! kill sparty and lock up the division. No matter what happens in a few weeks osu gets in. hopefully we win out and get a great bowl

MSU has been lucky so far Both the td's they scored on us were giving to them by the refs, guy running out of bounds yet no ones sees him, pf call on bush which should of been on msu that gave them a first down instead of a fg from somewhere around the 22, they missed a couple take downs (huge holds)on both td drives. yet our big play td was called back for holding(either call them or dont)

penn st with a ton of key drops, one late in the game with a few minutes to go at msu 30 on 4th down that would of sealed the game. A freaking late hit on their qb after psu stopped them and they would of had to punt turns into the game winning fg.

GO BUCKS!!! kill sparty and lock up the division. No matter what happens in a few weeks osu gets in. hopefully we win out and get a great bowl

Every drive MSU scored on vs PSU included a 15 yard penalty... just think about that.. when does that ever happen for any team... Unreal...

Answer to your question is until they break through with a final four W probably not. They were on the cusp of National media respect until the beatdown they received from Bama, but in reality that team wasn't really their best team.
Among his peers, I think there is no question Dantonio has huge respect.

If I was a "Spartan" fan (nod of respect using the correct term) I'm not sure if National media respect would matter to me. JUST WIN BABY!!!
There is NO DOUBT Dantonio has used the "us against the world/no respect" approach with immense success. We're not talking 9-3/10-2 success, we're talking 11/12/13 win success. That's Major!

If Va Tech or Washington or please don't laugh, UCLA had a run like that the pub would be much greater. Of course the blue bloods (M included) get a run like that and goes without saying they're getting major headlines.

You can say luck, breaks, ref calls....whatever. You still gotta make plays & Sparty has done that for those most part this season!

Reactions: big al 70

You are the epitome of a dip shit UM fan and a gift that keeps on giving to MSU. Keep up your whining and arrogance as it is only pure entertainment at this point. Also beyond funny to know that your dumb ass will be rooting for your vaunted rival on Saturday. Too funny.

Reactions: CYBERTECMARK
MSU isn't a playoff contender...PSU and OSU both were with 1 loss. They both lost.

So having 2 of your top 3 teams 'lose' isn't a good day for the conference and their playoff bids.

If MSU was 7-1 instead of 6-2 before the game it would be different.

Personally though, I don't give a crap if another B1G teams makes the playoffs or not. How does Wisky or OSU making the playoffs make MSU a better program or land us recruits?

Answer to your question is until they break through with a final four W probably not. They were on the cusp of National media respect until the beatdown they received from Bama, but in reality that team wasn't really their best team.
Among his peers, I think there is no question Dantonio has huge respect.

If I was a "Spartan" fan (nod of respect using the correct term) I'm not sure if National media respect would matter to me. JUST WIN BABY!!!
There is NO DOUBT Dantonio has used the "us against the world/no respect" approach with immense success. We're not talking 9-3/10-2 success, we're talking 11/12/13 win success. That's Major!

If Va Tech or Washington or please don't laugh, UCLA had a run like that the pub would be much greater. Of course the blue bloods (M included) get a run like that and goes without saying they're getting major headlines.

You can say luck, breaks, ref calls....whatever. You still gotta make plays & Sparty has done that for those most part this season!

Exactly. Since Dantonio has been at MSU, only Saban has had more top 10 wins.

I don't really give a crap what the 'national media' has to say...they always have and always will promote the monster blue blood programs with huge fan bases because it's about $. Just look at where the CFB committee ranks UCF.

Reactions: CYBERTECMARK
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT