ADVERTISEMENT

We've missed this since RR and BH. I'm reading Bo's newest book about

wolverines74

Heisman
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
10 of the players who played on the 1969 team and beyond. I remember this clearly, but getting old, seeing us lose much, and forgot about the NFL talent we had. That book pointed out 14 players ( 1969 team) who went on to the NFL. Mo's, and Carr's teams as well had a number of players each year who went on to play in the NFL.

These past 7 years we have had a player or TWO make an impact in the NFL- Mostly from the O and D lines. THAT should be addressed BY coach Jim if we are to get back to the Golden years. Now I know that we had talent and we under achieved many times during the course of Mo/ Lloyd's years, but we may have won in spite of the under development. We had injuries in 2007 when we beat Florida with Henne and Hart.

I just know that there is a great correlation when we finish in the Top 5 to 10 in recruiting going back to 1967 to 2007.
Do we have anyone ( a few, many ) that next year under coach Jim that will go NFL? The more we have the better the chance at having a good, better, best season.

God Bless and Go Blue. "74

PS Wednesday I go to Temple Lung Center for a critical '6 minute Walk test'. Please oh, please pray I do well.

4 weeks ago I went and did horrible with it 6 minute test. I was up to 10 liters of O2 to get me back to 88 on my Pulse sox (sp) I need to be minimum at 90. Many of you know that we all normally are at 95 or higher. If my test is down again I go to the transplant team and I don't really want to. I have begun Pulmonary Therapy - 4 visits already and am doing well according to the PT folks. My Drs. told me that Transplants are usually good for 3 years max before the body starts to reject lungs even with the meds. I fight on praying God has longer plans for me , but HE has the plan just like Coach Jim does. Amen!

Hang in there, 74.

One of the big problems with RR (and there were many) was he still recruited like he was at a mid-level school like WVU and not Michigan. A bunch of under the radar, 3* guys who he apparently convinced himself he could develop, rather than going after the highly recruited kids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT