ADVERTISEMENT

Well, they finally named some Captains ahead of the home opener...

Wow, it might be easier just to list the guys who aren't wearing a letter.

Seriously, an interesting move to have 2 young guys included. I suppose it's a good way to develop leadership and give the young players some ownership of the team. Luce surprises me a little. I thought he was up and down last year. The rest make sense to me.

Looking forward to the first game at Red Berenson rink tomorrow. It may have been the obvious move, but it was done well.

Seriously, an interesting move to have 2 young guys included. I suppose it's a good way to develop leadership and give the young players some ownership of the team. Luce surprises me a little. I thought he was up and down last year. The rest make sense to me.

Looking forward to the first game at Red Berenson rink tomorrow. It may have been the obvious move, but it was done well.
Seems to me, IF (and that's a massively huge IF) a new rink is built, it will be named the Berenson Ice Arena.

Honestly surprised at a couple of those alternate captains. Telling, in my book...

Honestly surprised at a couple of those alternate captains. Telling, in my book...
I'm curious which ones surprise you. Like I said earlier, Luce was surprising to me. His play has been inconsistent and I haven't seen the sort of leadership that might make up for it. Piazza makes sense - he's steady and I believe wore an A last year too. Cecconi has also been a steady presence and I can see the logic. Slaker was the leading point getter last year, so I can see the logic there too.

One thing I also found interesting is that Mel said last week that the team had voted but the coaches hadn't decided yet. That would indicate to me that the staff played a larger role than the players in the decision. I'll be interested to see how it plays out.

Seems to me, IF (and that's a massively huge IF) a new rink is built, it will be named the Berenson Ice Arena.
Makes sense to me, but it's pretty cool honoring 2 legendary coaches in 2 sports in the same building.

I am guessing Bob may have been surprised by who isn't a captain or alternate. If I had been asked to predict, I would have guessed our leadership would be Piazza, Dancs and C. Martin, and/or Cecchoni if they wanted to include a non-senior.

I am guessing Bob may have been surprised by who isn't a captain or alternate. If I had been asked to predict, I would have guessed our leadership would be Piazza, Dancs and C. Martin, and/or Cecchoni if they wanted to include a non-senior.
That's a good point. I was surprised C. Martin wasn't one. Makes you wonder who is the odd man out on D with Piazza back

Tonight it was Cutler. I'm surprised he is not being used at Forward.
I wonder what they'll do with him. He was asked to go back to D. I can't imagine it was so he could sit. That said, I'm not sure who goes out so he can go in at either spot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT