ADVERTISEMENT

Well that was another exercise in futility...

Puckhead

All-American
Jun 4, 2001
Michigan drops the first game of the weekend to the Buckeyes by a 2-4 score.

Wolverines had a 1-0 lead going into the final two minutes of the first. Wolverines take a really stupid penalty putting the nations best power play on the ice. With 1/10th of a second to play in the period a power play goal by OSU ties the game at one.

Buckeyes take a 2-1 lead in the first five minutes of the second. Moving to around the midpoint of the period the Buckeyes score another to make it 3-1, but that one is waved off (something to do with knocking LaFontaine to the ice). Not long after the waved off goal the Buckeyes score another, this one not waved off and it's really 3-1. Michigan scores a power play goal making the score 3-2 as time in the second starts to wind down. Michigan takes another really stupid penalty, this time in the final minute of the period. Eight seconds later, with just six seconds left in the period the Buckeyes score another power play goal to take a 4-2 lead into the locker room.

Michigan came close a couple of times in the third, but nothing got past their goaltender. Final score 2-4 in favor of Ohio State.

Buckeyes put close to 50 shots on goal for the game. Just another terrible defensive game. The struggle is real.

Caught some of the commentary during 2nd Intermission of the MSU/PSU game last night...was hoping for a comeback but as the season has shown, it wasn't to be. I watch every game whenever TV has it on, can't give up on Red and the kids but this has been a disastrous year. Doesn't seem to be a positive with anything on the squad this year. I've never played hockey, terrible skater when I was a kid (100 years ago...) but have learned to love the game because of Red and his kids over the years. It's really heartbreaking to see how this program has fallen.

Really enjoy reading some of the "old guards" opinions, etc. over time. As stated, I'm not an insider or anything, just someone who has had a love-affair with Michigan hockey for the last 20+ years. As a 40+ year FB season ticket holder, I've told countless folks that if you ever get a chance to visit Yost and see the kids play, it's the best sport's experience on Campus. It's been tough...hopefully they can pull one out tonight. I'll be watching. Thanks Puckhead for your updates, etc.
Go Blue!
Michigan drops the first game of the weekend to the Buckeyes by a 2-4 score.

Wolverines had a 1-0 lead going into the final two minutes of the first. Wolverines take a really stupid penalty putting the nations best power play on the ice. With 1/10th of a second to play in the period a power play goal by OSU ties the game at one.

Buckeyes take a 2-1 lead in the first five minutes of the second. Moving to around the midpoint of the period the Buckeyes score another to make it 3-1, but that one is waved off (something to do with knocking LaFontaine to the ice). Not long after the waved off goal the Buckeyes score another, this one not waved off and it's really 3-1. Michigan scores a power play goal making the score 3-2 as time in the second starts to wind down. Michigan takes another really stupid penalty, this time in the final minute of the period. Eight seconds later, with just six seconds left in the period the Buckeyes score another power play goal to take a 4-2 lead into the locker room.

Michigan came close a couple of times in the third, but nothing got past their goaltender. Final score 2-4 in favor of Ohio State.

Buckeyes put close to 50 shots on goal for the game. Just another terrible defensive game. The struggle is real.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT