ADVERTISEMENT

Well some of this info does answer questions about our offense ....

AVALONBLUEFAN

Heisman
May 29, 2001
Davidsonville Maryland via Hillman Michigan
I have been curious going back to Denard as to why we couldn't develop our Quarterbacks . I just couldn't understand why in many cases first Denard then Devin never seemed to improve and to me even from year to year regressed . I know a lot of it was the poor lines , and yes even the lack of running backs to some degree , but the way JH keeps looking for new answers at QB tells us he doesn't like what he now has at the position in many respects . Not that Denard or Devin were going to make people forget Tom Brady as passers , but it just was surprising to me how little their basic fundamentals improved . I really liked both a ton , as they did everything they could for the team and sacrificed their bodies , and were tremendous leaders on poor teams . I would love to see what JH could have done with both during their time at Michigan . I guess the old saying that timing is everything can apply here . I hope things work out for Shane , but it looks like from the early returns , he may not have a productive career in AA . As much as I liked Brady , his staff really appears to have not only been poor judges of talent at the QB position , but not very good at developing them either .

I also on a different note would LOVE to know what JH really thinks of the talent level of his team , and in particular the O Line . Someone had posted that Brady's staff recruited kids by their star rating , not how good they were . I hope that is not the case , but if it is , those thinking we will win 9-10 games this year may be in for a let down . I may be crazy , but my hope is for 7-9 wins this year as Jim gets a sense of where things on the field really are and he can get his type of player here . It's always tough to win with another coaches kids . I just sit here and am so happy that between JH and JB , I really do think we have coaches that are as good as any in their sports , and that alone will get us and keep us at or near the top of the conference for years to come ...... Nice feeling .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News