ADVERTISEMENT

Football Vincent Gray Appreciation Thread

StephenOsentoski

Video Analyst
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
DJ Turner gets a lot of love (appropriately so) for his emergence into the starting line-up. I had Turner as one of my top 3 breakout players heading into the season, expecting him to crack the starting line-up this year at some point....replacing Vincent Gray. Obviously that was wrong, as Turner supplanted Gemon Green for the 2nd staring CB spot.

Gray has had close to ZERO talk about him this year. I mean that in the best way possible, because you couldn't have a conversation about Michigan football last year without bringing up the poor CB play. He's excelled this year and has looked extremely comfortable. The 180 he did from last year from a confidence & technique standpoint is pretty remarkable and not something that I saw coming.

Now, there's still going to be some tough tests upcoming with Dotson (PSU) and the 3-headed WR monster that is OSU right now, but to get 9 games deep into this season and not see Gray's name come up in a negative way is substantial, and has proven himself to be a plus corner thus far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.