ADVERTISEMENT

Up Next....Nebraska

DrCorona

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2003
Noon kickoff will find the Huskers coming to the Big House to try & rebound from another disappointing defeat, this time to the men of Troy, a consistent thorn in the side of a number of power 5 conference opponents. No, not those residing in Sunny L.A but those down the road about 2.5 hrs. southeast of Tuscaloosa Alabama.

Once again the Huskers may have been their own worst enemy turning it over 3 times for the 2nd consecutive game. Defensively they've done a nice job of stopping the run & with the suspect Michigan offensive line not exactly lighting in up on the ground against stronger opponents it appears it could be on the shoulders once again of QB Shea Patterson & how he handles pressure through the air.

Good to see Patterson's apparent improvement via the air as the season has progressed. I for one would like to see
Michigan use the pass to set up the run & keep the DPJ train rolling! Of course pass pro will be key in making this an effective tactic.

Another key could be the status of injured players on both sides,
Huskers QB Adrian (not Taylor) Martinez & Michigan running back Karan Higdon. Both players offer big play ability & are capable of making something happen that results in a score from anywhere on the field.

Once again, I would suspect this game comes down to mistakes, or lack thereof. I'm expecting Husker coach Scott Frost will have his troops sky-high for this showdown. He'll attempt to be physical on the ground while looking to exploit some 1 on 1 matchups in the secondary, especially with WR Stanley Morgan Jr. My hope is the gang on the Wolverine sideline will be just as pumped from the get go & be poised enough to avoid the allowance of the big play while supplying supreme excellence of playing mistake free football.

Noon kickoff will find the Huskers coming to the Big House to try & rebound from another disappointing defeat, this time to the men of Troy, a consistent thorn in the side of a number of power 5 conference opponents. No, not those residing in Sunny L.A but those down the road about 2.5 hrs. southeast of Tuscaloosa Alabama.

Once again the Huskers may have been their own worst enemy turning it over 3 times for the 2nd consecutive game. Defensively they've done a nice job of stopping the run & with the suspect Michigan offensive line not exactly lighting in up on the ground against stronger opponents it appears it could be on the shoulders once again of QB Shea Patterson & how he handles pressure through the air.

Good to see Patterson's apparent improvement via the air as the season has progressed. I for one would like to see
Michigan use the pass to set up the run & keep the DPJ train rolling! Of course pass pro will be key in making this an effective tactic.

Another key could be the status of injured players on both sides,
Huskers QB Adrian (not Taylor) Martinez & Michigan running back Karan Higdon. Both players offer big play ability & are capable of making something happen that results in a score from anywhere on the field.

Once again, I would suspect this game comes down to mistakes, or lack thereof. I'm expecting Husker coach Scott Frost will have his troops sky-high for this showdown. He'll attempt to be physical on the ground while looking to exploit some 1 on 1 matchups in the secondary, especially with WR Stanley Morgan Jr. My hope is the gang on the Wolverine sideline will be just as pumped from the get go & be poised enough to avoid the allowance of the big play while supplying supreme excellence of playing mistake free football.
What's the injury to Higdon, and Evans has a hamstring that is not doing well. Is Uche healthy or on the sde lines for other issues?

Hats off to your team. Like Coach Frost said in the presser, “We got our butts whooped. We have a lot of work to do to get where teams like Michigan are at.” Paraphrased, but close.

You have a good team. Best of luck rest of the season.

Reactions: DrCorona and Blue_J
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT