ADVERTISEMENT

UM has a QB and it doesn't even matter

Dec 21, 2009
because the play calling is pathetic.. ND doesn't have to stop us.. We'll just run into the teeth of D 3Xs in a row down 11 points..

Please lets not turn this into a Patterson/McCaffery debate. Both QBs played well but McCaffrey was in for like 2 plays... lol. The QBs were NOT the problem. The lack of preparation, pathetic OL play and awful play calling is why we lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: ecrosswhite
Point is you have nothing new at QB that you didn't have before. The QB's didn't look any different than previous ones so if you were counting on a QB miracle, it doesn't look like that is going to happen for you. Back to your point....there is a lot more to work on than QB just as there was last year. May have made the QB situation worse by bringing in the transfer who doesn't look any better than the QB's you already had and it likely causes chemistry issues.

Actually that's not the point at all. Not even close to be honest. QB talent and play is much better than last year. The issues are on the OL and with the play calling.

Actually that's not the point at all. Not even close to be honest. QB talent and play is much better than last year. The issues are on the OL and with the play calling.
With all due respect, the QB play looks very similar to the past. Short, safe passes when the QB has time are completed with some consistency but as soon as there is pressure, passes are off target and often thrown into coverage. QB running around when there is pressure resulting in sacks and turnovers. To an outsider it looks the same as before.

Reactions: danp

Then why do we keep calling the same conservative plays expecting a different result? Who makes the calls next game?? If the AD is too close to JH to manage him then release them both and give us two young exciting and inspiring risk takers. This conservative and antiquated approach to selecting talent is why we can’t get over the hill. Chances make champions and talent beats wholesome kids from the suburbs all day. I wouldn’t recruit not one pro football players son , no kid that’s parents could afford out of state tuition out of pocket. I would have smart kids that could perform , but also hungry kids..like timberwolves fighting for a better life. These kids don’t have enough skin in the game to compete with those types of players with talent and everything to lose..if you don’t agree, you probably grew up “privileged “ to. Our team is soft like our multi million dollar coach. He could get out coached by most of the kids playing madden football online right now because they take chances and he doesn’t. Run over and over when you need quick scores??? Field goals when you need TDs???? Passing long works but you don’t do it enough to peal the pressure back because it’s too risky?? Playing those seniors on the OL be i they have experience instead of new people that are hungry for a chance ??? There is a serious problem with our team and that is they are soft. Look at the 97 team tapes and tell me you don’t see a difference in attitude and size??? Read their comments before and after a game and tell me i am wrong ??? Read the new articles leading up to their games then and read them now an you can see it clear...soft team, soft team ..soft team

Reactions: FLYnHAWAIIAN
I wish I had the answers.. Gotta hope the OL grows and the play calling becomes more aggressive and imaginative. I've lost faith. Until they show me otherwise, I don't believe we're winning anything of significance with this staff.

Last edited:
Amen! there isn't a olineman on this team that wasn't recruited by all of the big boys. So why is it so hard to find SOMEBODY to coach them?

I wish I had the answers.. Gotta hope the OL grows and the play calling becomes more aggressive and imaginative. I've lost faith. Until they show me otherwise, I don't believe we're winning anything of significance with this staff.

The OL is by far my biggest concern and this problem has been going on for several years. Hate to even think of this line going up against the Wisconsin and especially OSU's DL - that's a scary idea right now.

I am tickle to death y'all have Patterson. I hate to tell you,
but this is about as good as it is going to get. This might be his
best game.

This game on the O-line......pure & simple

Yep, and this $hit has been going on for years now. When JH was hired, one of my first thoughts was that we would have one of his powerful lines that he was known for in his earlier Stanford/NFL days. We're nowhere near that and my excuses have stopped. We're in his 4th year - ENOUGH ! And it sure looks like Warinner is not the answer. There's a reason OSU canned his a$$ ! Guess we couldn't figure it out !

We're in for a long season boys. It doesn't matter who we have at QB if they have no time to get the ball off. I'm on the verge of thinking that Michigan's fortune will never change and this is what we should expect.

Runyan had an absolutely terrible game along with the whole oline. They guys don't know how to pick up stunts or any sort of delayed blitz. There really isn't any excuse for how bad the offensive line is.

Play calling? Laughable. Looks like something i would see from my high school coach. Run off tackle or up the middle. 3rd and long...2 yd slant pass.

Defense played decent overall. Tale of two halves.

The coaching seat has just been turned to "warm"

We're in for a long season boys. It doesn't matter who we have at QB if they have no time to get the ball off. I'm on the verge of thinking that Michigan's fortune will never change and this is what we should expect.

Runyan had an absolutely terrible game along with the whole oline. They guys don't know how to pick up stunts or any sort of delayed blitz. There really isn't any excuse for how bad the offensive line is.

Play calling? Laughable. Looks like something i would see from my high school coach. Run off tackle or up the middle. 3rd and long...2 yd slant pass.

Defense played decent overall. Tale of two halves.

The coaching seat has just been turned to "warm"
I have a cousin who played Football at uofM. One of Bo's early recruit in his first year. He played from 1969-1973. He told me this last weekend that Bo would run the same play over and over again until the opposing team could stop it. My cousin played rt guard, so I thought I was seeing the same thing the other night.

I have a cousin who played Football at uofM. One of Bo's early recruit in his first year. He played from 1969-1973. He told me this last weekend that Bo would run the same play over and over again until the opposing team could stop it. My cousin played rt guard, so I thought I was seeing the same thing the other night.
Except ND was stopping it all night so why keep running it? At least Bo would run it with success until it was stopped.

Except ND was stopping it all night so why keep running it? At least Bo would run it with success until it was stopped.
That's is the point I'm trying to get across to all of you. This isn't the 1970's anymore. The game has changed, so the play calling has got to be more of the 2018 style of play. Wiscy plays the 3yds. and a cloud of dust, and they have the lineman to make it work. The blocking needs to be better on the line of scrimmage because we were not gaining enough yds to move the chains

What quarterback are you referring to? They have nothing new.

Congrats on your awesome 17 points scored the entire month this October! How excited are you for the direction of your program, with perhaps the weakest recruiting class in the conference at the moment (not to mention a total of 5 players on offense that are committed lol) and a coach who is beyond a dinosaur? How do you think the coaching staff will be rearranged this offseason for sparty lol?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT