ADVERTISEMENT

UM 2018 kinda similar to UM 2015?

Dec 21, 2009
The year before Harbs strolled into AA we were 5-7. We had A LOT of questions about what that teams and what that season would look like. In the end, it probably went a lot better than most of us anticipated (10-3).

I think 2018 will be similar from a fan perspective. We just don't know what we're going to see. I think we know the D and special teams (at least FG kicking) should be pretty solid. We might actually know more about our QB situation this time around than 2015 even tho Rudock turned out to be the best QB in the Harbaugh era to date. Still even though we may know a little more than 2015, the schedule looks more challenging this time around.

Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out..

Last edited:
The year before Harbs strolled into AA we were 5-7. We had A LOT of questions about what that teams and what that season would look like. In the end, it probably went a lot better than most of us anticipated (10-3).

I think 2018 will be similar from a fan perspective. We just don't know what we're going to see. I think we know the D and special teams (at least FG kicking) should be pretty solid. We might actually know more about our QB situation this time around than 2015 even tho Rudock turned out to be the best QB in the Harbaugh era to date. Still even though we may know a little more than 2015, the schedule looks more challenging this time around.

Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out..

I think that last sentence is really the key to your comparison.

In 2015 Michigan faced 4 ranked opponents
(Ohio St #4, Michigan St #6, Utah #17, & Northwestern #23 - Final Ranking)

Michigan went 1-3 against those opponents, defeating only #23 Northwestern

In 2018, Michigan may well play 6+ Ranked Opponents
(Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Penn State, Northwestern)

If Michigan has a similar amount of "overachievement" in 2018 as they did in 2015.....they could/would end with a 7-5 record.
(and you can imagine how things could get if they don't "overachieve")

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT