ADVERTISEMENT

Trending?

smartin01

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2013
After seeing that we just lost a significant in-state o-line recruit to Wiscy, not to mention a flip to Bama, starting to get concerned regarding the direction of the program. I am not saying the sky is falling, but, given the state of the o-line, one would think big time o-line recruits would be flocking to UM for the opportunity to play early? I mean this is still the University of Michigan, and you have for the most part on the offensive coaching staff, all NFL experienced coaches. Are recruits being told that they'll have to redshirt, are they not seeing development from current o-lineman(I don't think any were drafted last year, and the line this year is horrendous), what is it? I know you can't trust star ratings, but, one would think with Drevno's resume that he'd be able to develop mid rated o-lineman, he has not. Other schools seem to do so with lower rated recruits, K-State comes to mind, MSU too for that matter. I think JH is ultimately the right guy, but, maybe he has to make some changes to either the OC position, or the overall offensive scheme. Given that the o-line is adequate at best, how about some short slants, pop routes etc.? What happened to G. Perry last game? DPJ certainly can't create separation consistently, how he was ranked the #1 receiver in the nation out of HS is beyond baffling? There are certainly many holes to be filled on the o side of the ball, starting with the staff, running back included (T. Isaacs might be the softest player in UM history). As a poster mentioned in another post, I don't see next year getting much better.

To close, I was watching the Colin Herd show Friday. Colin and Danny Kannell were discussing the game. Colin picked UW, Danny Kannell replied let's not forget this is still Michigan and Michigan does recruit the better players. I didn't see that Saturday afternoon. Is that on the staff?

Honestly, if I was an O-line recruit, the only place I'd choose over Wisconsin is Bama, and that's only 50/50. Wisconsin seems to do the best at developing Olinemen into pros of any school in the country. Bama does better, but from a rankings standpoint, they start with better raw materials.

I think Chryst was the real power at Wisconsin even though Bielema got the credit for the OL development. There has not been the growth at Arkansas while Wisconsin seems to be turning out very good Ol.

Never was impressed by DPJ in high school. Also, was very concerned that he comes from a well-off family (dad is orthopedic surgeon). I want kids on my team who have a burning life or death desire to make the NFL because their family's livelihood depends on it.

Reactions: ecrosswhite
Never was impressed by DPJ in high school. Also, was very concerned that he comes from a well-off family (dad is orthopedic surgeon). I want kids on my team who have a burning life or death desire to make the NFL because their family's livelihood depends on it.
He is soft... he needs to stop waiting to get the call and man handle someone out the gate and run by/over them through his route

Reactions: GuessYouWereWrong
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT