ADVERTISEMENT

Tournament results...

Puckhead

All-American
Jun 4, 2001
Harvard had defeated Providence 3-0 to advance to quarterfinals.

Boston College had a two goal lead, but North Dakota came back to tie the game and force overtime. They have now played one overtime period and the score is still 3-3. Going to second overtime.

Harvard had defeated Providence 3-0 to advance to quarterfinals.

Boston University had a two goal lead, but North Dakota came back to tie the game and force overtime. They have now played one overtime period and the score is still 3-3. Going to second overtime.
FYP.

UND had the game, except for an off sides call, which was just like our comeback against PSU that didn't happen.

BU looked gassed for most of that OT.

and there goes North Dakota. Early in the second overtime Boston University scored to win the game 4-3, advancing to the quarterfinals

and Western still hasn't won a tournament game after Air Force sent them packing with a 5-4 victory

Heck of a play given that BU looked the far more tired team for most of the OT.

My heart is still going, and I don't want either team to go to Chicago.

I'm pretty glad to not see North Dakota getting to Chicago. Still pretty amazing that BU pulled that off, but the one word I would put out there, goalie, the goalie makes all the difference especially in the tournament. If that one player can stand on their head for four games any team can win this tournament. North Dakota nearly doubled up BU in shots, yet BU still ended up winning. Goalies, where have we seen that one before?

Of course I shouldn't overlook that pesky goal by North Dakota early in the first overtime that that would have advanced NoDak, but was waved off after review for North Dakota being found to be offside (wait, where have we seen that before?) :)

Geez, I just read through some of the stats from this game. North Dakota took 145 shots for the game, while BU took 67 so they did more than double the number of shots. No wonder BU was gassed the longer the game went on, North Dakota just kept the pressure on all game, but that's what they have always done for as long as I've seen them play; they just keep coming and put the puck on net from anywhere. Of those 145 shot attempts 56 made it through to the BU goalie who stopped all but three of them. BU had 25 shots on goal so NoDak did more than double them up in both attempts and actual SOG and yet, goalie.

Last edited:
Ohio State was down a couple in the third, but has tied the game forcing overtime. Things happening up in North Dakota tonight. I wonder if the arena is now empty given the earlier North Dakota loss?

and that's the end to today's games. Minnesota-Duluth has defeated Ohio State 3-2 in overtime to advance to the quarterfinals. Quite the day up there in North Dakota, both games went to overtime. The second game only made it about 12 minutes into the first overtime before the goal was scored, so even though both games went to overtime I'm betting BU is going to be feeling it more as the game goes along tomorrow with Minnesota-Duluth.

Tough way for OSU to lose- I only watched 2 periods, where they were playing even, but just could not get the puck in the net. Great that they could make a come back, but it sounded like OT was much like the rest of the game where the UMD goalie was better than the shooting.

Congratulations to AF for a pretty strong win over Western. I like Western for being in Michigan, but not because they have some pretty crappy fans AND NCHC.

Hopefully Tech can do well today! My family's last team left.

Denver has dispatched Michigan Tech 5-2. I think it was 4-0 Denver after the 1st period. Just jumped early and often then coasted to the win.

Massachusetts-Lowell got rid of Cornell in shut out fashion, 5-0.

No overtime games so far to day, pretty easy rides for the winners so far.

Minnesota loses a 2-0 lead to lose to ND 3-2.

So the B1G is down to PSU- who has advanced by scoring 10 on Union. They were up 3-0, got tied 3-3, and then exploded.

I wonder how many teams are used to teams that start taking shots on goal when they get off the bus.

and the rest of the games.

Harvard has defeated Air Force 3-2 to advance.

Massachusetts-Lowell has downed Cornell 5-0 to advance.

The final two games for the regional's are tomorrow when Penn State plays Denver and Massachusetts-Lowell plays Notre Dame.

Notre Dame has defeated Massachusetts-Lowell, 3-2, in overtime to advance to the Frozen Four. Just one more game remaining, Denver vs Penn State which Denver currently leads 5-2 after two periods.

Denver has ended Penn States's season, advancing to the Frozen Four with a 6-3 victory.

The bracket and the pick-em are updated, all the links at the top of the thread.

Denver has ended Penn States's season, advancing to the Frozen Four with a 6-3 victory.

The bracket and the pick-em are updated, all the links at the top of the thread.

PSU had a hell of a run! Crazy that those old WCHA teams are still so good. I thought for sure "our" conference would out shine them by now.

Semi-Finals were played last night and the results are in.

Denver demolished Notre Dame 6-1; maybe that will slow the Irish love fest a bit.

Minnesota-Duluth defeated Harvard 2-1 in what was a very close game from start to finish. I know Harvard had one goal waved off (not sure for what), but this was probably the most entertaining game of the night.

I will get the Pick-Em updated as soon as I can. I'm on vacation this week (I keep this spot in my schedule in case I have to dash to the Frozen Four - yea I know), but I will get things updated as soon as I can.

Anyone (besides me) attend the games last night? I was surprised by the number of folks I saw in Michigan gear. I found myself seated amongst a large group of Duluth fans, so was treated to several rousing rounds of "In Heaven There Is No Beer." The play in the Notre Dame - Denver game was even more one-sided than the score indicates.

Anyone (besides me) attend the games last night? I was surprised by the number of folks I saw in Michigan gear. I found myself seated amongst a large group of Duluth fans, so was treated to several rousing rounds of "In Heaven There Is No Beer." The play in the Notre Dame - Denver game was even more one-sided than the score indicates.
We are here in Chicago.

Look for an Idaho Vandal jersey, I'm sure I'm the only one.

For some reasons, even with good priority, we have very high up seats in the upper bowl. Which sucks a lot.

We have good priority too, I think (been buying FF tix since 1997), but IIRC, when our "window" came to purchase tix for this year, we could choose our seat location. Having been in the UC enough, I thought a 2d row seat in the 300 level was fine for the price.
Not sure if we will go on Saturday night.- I work in downtown Chicago (in fact, can see the UC out my office window as I type this), so fairly easy to get to the games on Thursday, but frankly, getting into Chicago from the suburbs on a Saturday night is a real pain in the rear. Would be different of course if I had a real rooting interest in these teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT