ADVERTISEMENT

Top 25 College Football 2018 - The AP, Coaches & CFB Today Polls - Notre Dame #1

PittsburghLegend

Nov 18, 2018
Top 25 College Football 2018 - The AP, Coaches & CFB Today Polls

Top 25 College Football 2018

We started our predictions for the College Football Playoffs back in week two of the CFB season and ever since then, we have predicted the outcome of nearly every major Top 25 nationally and the CFP polls, which at this point are all that matters. Links can be found in boxes on FBS Top 25 by clicking the College Football Playoff pictures below. Note: we had teams like Pitt and Army in last week, as well as Utah State, who has been in our polls since week six.

Washington State Football

After watching Washington State completely destroy a very hot Arizona team, I started to think why not Washington State in the College Football Playoff? They have the best fans I have seen all year when it comes to supporting their beloved Cougars and Coach Leach has arguably surpassed many as one of the greatest football minds of all time. Stats-wise they are similar to Alabama and Notre Dame, while also having a very intriguing style of play for our beloved media to either praise or devour. I would like to see the Cougars devour their foes in the College Football Playoffs, but Clemson just beat a very good Duke team, but will face off against my fathers old team the Pitt in the ACC Championship.

Alabama vs Notre Dame

Alabama has a notable football schedule if you have a SEC bias, which many do in our College Football polls in College Football Today. Then you will easily place the dynasty that is the Alabama Crimson Tide Football at the top again and again. But if you study the progression of a team and how much better they are becoming over a period of time and the fact that Notre Dame just beat #12 Syracuse, whom with a win would have jumped into the CFP discussion themselves, you begin to see a team that could possibly hoist the College Football Playoff Championship Trophy when it is all said and done. I am not saying Alabama is overrated, but when the score is 10-10 against a sub .500 FCS team, you start to wonder if the pollsters are seeing the bigger picture. Missouri just beat Tennessee by a score of 50-17 and Alabama beat Tennessee 58-21, we have Missouri in our Top 25, as they beat Florida, Vanderbilt and Tennessee handily. Why does this matter for Notre Dame? Well, Notre Dame does not schedule FCS opponents and they surely wouldn't be tied at halftime. This was a rude awakening for the rest of the world of how the powers that be are letting somethings slide that do not abide by the codes set forth by the legendary figures in our beloved game. "Football is what have you done for me lately business." I believe is the quote, guess you should deal with the fact that Notre Dame is the new number one team in College Football Today until proven wrong.

Pitt Football

Do I believe Pitt can beat Clemson? Well, I have been predicting them every week since I started my CFB picks and not because the team my father played for in college. Pitt beat Syracuse 44-37 and then went on to play our number one ranked Notre Dame Fighting Irish. They nearly toppled the Irish and were beaten in a very close contest 19-14. They have since gone on a 4-game winning streak as they have beaten Duke, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest to get a chance to go up against the Clemson Tigers in the ACC Championship game. They play Miami next and should not look past the surging Hurricanes, as they are also playing very good football as of late. Click on Coach Jackie Sherrill to readPitt vs Notre Dame Preview below!

Early Season Preview on was MacIntyre's Time up?
With coach's abysmal 22 -38 record at CU, he can only hope that the plethora of talent coming in this year can save not only this season, but Coach MacIntyre's job, as the word is around town, his seat is getting rather hot. If the Buffs can eliminate needless distractions this season and figure out their 'why'? Then they can put the season into proper perspective and be able to operate on the gridiron at full capacity and have a great season in PAC-12 play. Rashaan Salaam brought fire and energy to the Kordell Stewart led offense in 1994 and was able to hoist the Heisman Trophy when it was all said and done. I would like send my condolences to his family as I know it was very hard to understand why such a talented and loving young man would take his own life.

College Football Today - 126 Government St, Mobile, AL, 36602

The Leader at predicting the future of College Football - 8 Team Playoff Scenario up next with more 2020 recruit rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT