ADVERTISEMENT

To think we could hang a banner after losing Walton, Irvin and DJ...

marzanoj

Heisman
Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Jackson, Mi
Is unbelievable to me. We were so inexperienced at PG, we had to bring in a transfer. We had no proven 4. No depth at 5 which was worrisome with Wagner’s knack for piling up fouls. MAAR and Wagner were really the only 2 we could count on being solid. Maybe Duncan but he was a defensive liability coming into the season and having to play the 4 wasn’t going to help that.

Before the season started, Beilein warned that this team was not very good offensively. Which was a very scary situation considering his teams aren’t known for defense or rebounding. Add in a very difficult schedule and making the tournament seemed like the ceiling. Hell, we were wondering if the LSU loss was going to cost us way back in the non-conference. And to me, it seemed like we were going to need great production out of Eli Brooks and Matthews if we were going to be any good.

They ought to call John Beilein The Answer Man, because he ALWAYS has the answer. He can make 2+2=10 (his biggest project going forward will be Jordan Poole because he could turn him into something special). I have no idea how he has turned a team who looked like a ncaa tournament team at best into a team that many experts are adamantly declaring a Final Four team. I’m so happy for coach and the fact that he’s finally getting some national recognition for the genius he is. He is as genuine a person as I’ve ever seen and to see him smile like that after the game was awesome. He’s the champion for guys who want to do things the right way and work hard. He’s just such a great leader. We are so lucky to have him. Bill Martin may not have been a great AD, but he hit a grand slam with John Beilein.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News