ADVERTISEMENT

To me, Kalel Mullings performance today was legendary

dgardner02

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2014
So happy for Kalel.

I've been asking for more work for Kalel throughout the first 3 games - and was really ticked that he only got 2 first half carries against Texas. I think that was a big mistake from our offensive staff.

I've mentioned the enjoyment I've gotten from my kids getting into Michigan football (both girls - they are 10 and 8). Last year we really took a liking to KG - he was kind of our collective favorite, if you will. This year it's Kalel, and it was so much fun watching him today.

I mentioned that I think his performance today was legendary - it isn't close to the 313 yards from Biakabatuka, it wasn't the 5 TD's against OSU from Hassan, etc. What makes this legendary is that he literally carried this entire team on his back on that final drive. There was ZERO chance that we move the ball through the air on that final drive. USC knew it, we knew it, 115,000 in the crowd knew it. Yet Mullings broke off a ridiculous 50+ yard run to get us in a position to where we could legitimately win that game.

He's the clear RB1 on this roster, and I absolutely love the toughness he brings in the running game. He breaks so many tackles, and is just so much fun to watch. He's going to play in the NFL, which is not something anyone could have guessed a year+ ago.

Are there concerns from today? Absolutely. But I'll be damned if I care right now - enjoy a top 20 win, folks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.