ADVERTISEMENT

This won't be a popular post. . .

Camden01

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 28, 2006
however, Warren still gives us the best chance to be successful.

INT 1: I believe was on Edwards. Edwards is not great in pass protection. He should have the LB that walked up off the left edge of the line of scrimmage. They didn't even disguise the blitz. Warren should have taken the sack instead of throwing the ball but we have to protect better. The LG pulled to give the run look so the LT has the DE. Center blocks back to help replace for pulling guard. Should have been an easy blitz pickup.

INT 2 was on Link. That would have been a completion to Moore to the 10 yard line if Link doesn't get beat around the end. The DE hit his elbow when he went to deliver the ball. Warren was sliding up in the pocket also. Link cost us that pick!

INT 3 All on Warren. Horrible decision. Walker falls down and Morgan runs into the LB. Definitely screwed up the timing of the play but Warren has to just throw it away and live to play the next down!!

Orgi is way to one dimensional. Zero threat of the pass will not work against solid teams. You have to have the threat of the pass to make the run game work.

We have to remember Warren hasn't played much football in the last 5 years. I believe we need to stay the course and let him develop. He did throw some good balls and he also showed the ability to extend some plays with his feet. He was 11-14. His decision making will improve as he gains more experience.

Lastly, as a football coach, I can promise you defensive coordinators would much rather see Orgi under center. Defending both the run and the pass is much tougher than a one dimensional team.

Go Blue! Beat the Trojans!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.